Wiki Posts
Search

Honeymoon european trip

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2010, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Honeymoon european trip

Hey guys, Long time lurker 1st time poster, I always wanted to post but said give something 1st then ask for other stuff, I hate one time posters who wants some info and then never hear from them again, so here is my 1st and hopefully there will be more .

Well I just got married and we went for a long honeymoon through multiple of SPG hotels through europe. Had two stays before the eurotrip in other hotel chains too, If you guys wanna know about it just say so (Great upgrades on those hotels to Royal Suites and Presidential Villas).

Anyways here I go with the euro trip report.

1st stop was the St. Regis Grand Hotel in Rome, 1st time in a St. Regis for both of us, anyways booked a superior room and a week prior to arriving checked my reservation and got an upgrade to an Imperial room, but two days prior to arriving had another upgrade to a junior suite, on arrival checking in was fast same thing in all the other hotels, had a quick question if the Junior suite was one of the renovated ones, which the reply was yes. It was also the same one from the photo on their website, same view. It was a Corner suite, maybe no. 114 or 116 I guess, didnt have any issues with the street noises as I've seen other members say something about it, maybe because the bedroom and living room was facing the right side of the hotel but the bath room had a view of the street. My wife loved the butler service, bed was comfy. Called room service on our second day and asked if breakfast was included which they said it was, I was really happy with that since I didnt expect them to honour that request. Breakfast was nice but had an issue during check-out where they wanted to charge me for the breakfast, I told them that I have asked 1st if it was included and after calling room service they said it was, they told me that I shouldnt call room service to ask about this and should call the front desk, where I replied then you need to train your employees in room service better because he should've told me what your saying now. Anyways It was taken off the bill where the front office agent was really angry about it and had an attitude about deducting the amount, well it's not my fault, they can investigate this issue with room service, I have not even signed on the bill once I have got the breakfast delivered to me since it was not needed.

After that we went to the Gritti Palace in Venice for a 3 night stay, booked a Deluxe room, and guess what, got an upgrade to a Grand Canal Suite 2 days prior to arrival, which is the highest category at the hotel, They got only three of them, we had the Somerset Maugham suite. It was great stay loved the view, we had a big balcony just above the main entrance of the hotel, the other two suites were corner ones and had look at their balconys were smaller than ours, My wife enjoyed the blowing kisses she got from the Gandoliers while she was on the balcony.

Next was the W Barcelona, Booked a Studio Suite for the 1st 3 nights (at the time of booking it was called Fantastic) and a cozy room for the next 3 nights. Said to myself I may get an upgrade for the last 3 nights. Anyways I had an upgrade for the whole stay to a Cool Corner suite a week before check-in (no. 818) with a view of Barcelonita which overlooked the city and requested a late check-out which I got. The only issue I had was during checkout where I had the rate of the 1st three nights of the studio suite booked for all the nights, I told them that this was a mistake and need to investigate this since I booked a cozy room for the last three nights, which they did and had an e-mail two days after apologizing and they sent the correct bill.

After that we went to the Westin in Paris, booked a superior room and had an upgrade to an effil tower view room, I have read alot about this room on FT and I didnt want that really, since we had lots of luggage with us, so I checked on arrival if there were any junior or prestige suites available which they had, So I had an issue during check-in where I told them I'm sure that you have availability on junior suites (because it is the standard suite at the hotel and the prestige suite is not) but they did not want to give that away to me, so after talking to the supervisor she said that they have found a junior suite for me (hmmm really?), she said that they had blocked this for another platinum that was arriving the same day that I was, it was already 7 pm and wasn't it upgrade at check-in? Why give it to the other member and not me? I knew that was just a cover for them, so we went to our junior suite which was like a big room, had an issue with the view and talked to the super if I could transfer to another suite by tommorow which they said there is another junior suite which I will be transfering to tommorow, After talking to the duty manager next morning they gave me the corner suite on the top floor I guess it was 5063,5064 After having a look 1st the duty manager looked surprised once he entered the suite because it turned out to be a prestige suite with a great view of the Effil Tower, The only issue was that the 2nd bathroom had a narrow ceiling which I kept bumping my head into it. Everything else was perfect.

Then we went to the Pulitzer in Amsterdam, booked a deluxe room recieved no uprgade but transferred to an Executive room from the next day, Breakfast everyday was great, the painting on the wall was unbelievably funny. The hotel was quite confusing, I still don't know how big it is but it is quite big.

Last stop was the Sheraton Park Tower in London which I have stayed there multiple times, got an upgrade to an executive room (never really got an upgrade higher than that) but they gave me an executive room on the 7th floor which was a smoking floor and I couldnt sleep at night so I called the front desk and requested to be transferred to a non-smoking floor which they did the next day and it was also a renovated exec room on the 14th floor, they had the new breakfast to go for plats which was available from 7 to 9, baisically it was 2 croissants, type of juice, coffee and a fruit.

And let me tell you about points really loved the EN2 EN3 and the 4th plat promo. Had over 125K points from all of these stays credit to my account.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 11:21 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
^ interesting report.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.