Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

element Denver Park Meadows [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

element Denver Park Meadows [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2009, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
element Denver Park Meadows?

Has anyone stayed at this property? Even though Plat upgrades aren't an element benefit, do they give them in practice on low-demand weekend nights?

Also, having never stayed at element, is a studio suite big enough for a husband and wife, plus father-in-law? How is the breakfast?

Thanks.....
Old Oct 24, 2009, 7:25 am

Programs: SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond, 10% progress towards lifetime Hyatt Diamond
Arrow element Denver Park Meadows [Master Thread]

It looks like I'll be the first person to review this property, so I guess this will become the master thread.

I stayed here for the first time about two weeks ago. The property is located at the intersection of two major highways South of Denver. It is surrounded by plenty of shopping, restaurants, bowling, fitness centers, etc.

For those traveling to downtown Denver, it's about 15 minutes (25 in travel).

I checked in about 9pm. There was nobody at the front desk, but someone appeared within a few minutes. Check-in was quick and painless, they recognized my Platinum status. I was given a one-bedroom suite on the top (4th) floor.

Upon entering the room, I could see the living area and kitchen, as well as a sliding door to the bedroom. The finishes here were earthtones, the room was in perfect shape. As someone who frequently works from my room while traveling, I appreciated the desk setup. Comfortable chair, plenty of space, a place to plug everything in. And, most importantly, I could view the TV to watch sports while working.

The sofa is a pullout sofa. No idea of bed quality since I didn't try it. There's a sizable refrigerator and a cooktop, along with pots and pans to cook with.

The bedroom had another flatscreen TV and a bedding ensemble similar to the Westin brand that element is derived from.

The bathroom had a great shower with an awesome big shower head. Only complaint here was the sink. Similar to aloft, these properties have shallow sinks which cause splashes. Not a big deal.

The hotel had the best exercise facility of any Denver SPG property. There were 3 or 4 treadmills, 3 or 4 ellipticals, 5 or 6 weight lifting stations, and the rest of the normal stuff. Everything was brand new and in good working condition. There was an indoor pool and outside courtyard area that both looked fine.

In the morning, I was greeted to a fairly full breakfast in the lobby. Probably the most pleasing element was ready-to-go hot breakfast sandwiches, which was my choice. The property also has a small commissary area behind the front desk with snacks, drinks and toiletries for sale. Oddly, they didn't have any orange juice, but lots of other normal and exotic choices.

Overall, I'd rate this property #2 in the Denver area behind the aloft Broomfield. I've generally had bad experiences at both the Sheraton and Westin downtown. The other properties in town are average. The Broomfield staff is always very welcoming and attentive, and the element staff is not far behind. Everyone I came in contact with was bright and cheery.

I have mounted pictures of my stay on a blog entry for easy viewing.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 7:37 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Thank you for the very concise review Pizzaman.
Starwood-MORE Elements please!
Old Oct 25, 2009, 10:29 am

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Plat
Thanks for the review. Looking forward to our stay there next month.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 11:58 am

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
Originally Posted by Pizzaman
...they recognized my Platinum status. I was given a one-bedroom suite on the top (4th) floor.

Cool! I thought Element didn't do Platinum upgrades.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 12:24 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Helena Handbaskets
Cool! I thought Element didn't do Platinum upgrades.
As a brand, it doesn't. As an individual property, it might.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Oct 30, 2009, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
As a brand, it doesn't. As an individual property, it might.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Just completed second stay here. Platinum status recognized again, upgraded to 1-bedroom suite (reservation was for studio suite). We discussed upgrades briefly while I was checking in. She said they're "making every effort to upgrade Plats, but we don't have some of the cooler rooms you see at other properties".

FWIW, this is now my favorite hotel in the DEN area, next to the aloft Broomfield. Different breakfast choices this morning than last. I took a ham, egg and cheese on pretzel bread sandwich to go. It was excellent.

I'm 2-for-2 on upgrades here, the rates are reasonable, the rooms are clean and spacious. Assuming they keep upgrading me, I don't see any reason I wouldn't try to to squeeze in a stay here every time I visit DEN.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 9:43 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Originally Posted by Pizzaman
Just completed second stay here. Platinum status recognized again, upgraded to 1-bedroom suite (reservation was for studio suite). We discussed upgrades briefly while I was checking in. She said they're "making every effort to upgrade Plats, but we don't have some of the cooler rooms you see at other properties".

FWIW, this is now my favorite hotel in the DEN area, next to the aloft Broomfield. Different breakfast choices this morning than last. I took a ham, egg and cheese on pretzel bread sandwich to go. It was excellent.

I'm 2-for-2 on upgrades here, the rates are reasonable, the rooms are clean and spacious. Assuming they keep upgrading me, I don't see any reason I wouldn't try to to squeeze in a stay here every time I visit DEN.
Breakfast is not comped. True statement?
Old Oct 30, 2009, 10:03 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by dingo
Breakfast is not comped. True statement?
False.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/elemen...te_dining.html

Complimentary HSIA as well.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Oct 30, 2009, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
It doesn't happen often and when it does I rarely am happy to be wrong...but I am in this case.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 12:42 pm

Confirming "Yep" on both free breakfast and HSIA. While I use a wireless card for my laptop, free high quality breakfast moves my rank for this property way up compared to some of it's less generous DEN counterparts.

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
False.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/elemen...te_dining.html

Complimentary HSIA as well.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Oct 30, 2009, 9:36 pm

Mr. free101girl and I have stayed at this property twice, both times on points (great value for 4000 points!), both times in a standard studio room. (I am Gold and was not offered an upgrade. I didn't expect one, but during our first stay, I was told only 8 rooms were occupied, so it would have been no problem for the hotel to upgrade us... just sayin'.)

Pizzaman's review is dead on. I would add that the free breakfast is exceptionally nice, with lots of healthy options. The hot breakfast sandwiches are tasty and there is always one that is low-fat/heart-healthy (i.e., egg whites, tomato and asparagus in a wheat wrap). The rest is nice continental stuff - fruit, juice, toast, yogurt, cereal.

Speaking of which, the first time we stayed there (less than a week after opening), the cold cereal at breakfast was all Kashi; by the time of our 2nd stay, about 10 days later, the cereal had been switched to Kelloggs. I'm guessing some guests wanted more sugar?

There is a complimentary manager's reception in the late afternoons. We didn't make it to one, but we were told what was being served and it sounded very nice (prime rib sandwiches one day).

The studio rooms are a little tight, and the armchair is in an odd corner that makes it hard to view the TV. There's really nowhere else to put it, so you pretty much have to watch TV from bed. Not a big deal for us.

Kitchenette set-up in the studio rooms is more than adequate, with a decent sized mini-fridge, microwave, pod coffee maker, plenty of dishes, even salt and pepper. I was amused to find dishwasher soap packets under the sink in both studios (studios don't have dishwashers).

Excellent fitness center, as Pizzaman mentioned. I do wish they had mats for yoga but overall, great equipment, including free weights.

Location is very convenient - just a couple of blocks from Hwy 470 (which runs all the way to the airport) and close to I-25.
Old Oct 31, 2009, 4:31 pm

Thanks for the in-depth report about this property. I'm going to visit a friend in Denver in a couple of months and was trying to narrow down which SPG property to choose. This information certainly helps. I love this board.
Old Oct 31, 2009, 5:27 pm

Reviews are also appreciated here...thank you. Two stays coming up next month and I'm looking forward to it.
Old Nov 14, 2009, 12:10 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, AA Gold
Ditto Pizzaman's review of the 1 bedroom suite. I was also platinum-upgraded from a studio booking, and found the 4th floor suite very comfortable. Fitness center and lap pool very nice. Complimentary continental breakfast was OK, not spectacular but appreciated!

There were problems with the room key reader, which is not surprising in a new hotel. Maintenance handled those.

My biggest complaint is that front desk called my room at 10PM to complain that my credit card wasn't going through. This was on the second night of a two night stay. Somehow the credit card number was incorrectly copied - evidently a mistake on the part of the front desk. But why call me at 10PM??? Couldn't it be dealt with in the morning? They then apologized and promised 4,000 points would be added to my account. As of now those haven't shown up.

Aside from that - I like the place. Great setup for a business traveller. A family would appreciate the nice kitchen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.