Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

EXPIRED: Plaza Athenee BKK THB 2'499++ incl. bfast exclusive to Flyertalk Community

EXPIRED: Plaza Athenee BKK THB 2'499++ incl. bfast exclusive to Flyertalk Community

Old Oct 1, 2009, 7:05 pm
Company Representative -Le Meridien Plaza Athenee Bangkok
Original Poster

Lightbulb EXPIRED: Plaza Athenee BKK THB 2'499++ incl. bfast exclusive to Flyertalk Community

SPECIAL OFFER
(Exclusive to the Flyertalk Community)

Booking window: 1st until the 7th of October, 2009

Deluxe Room
Single: THB 2’499 ++ (with full buffet breakfast for 1) – about US$ 87* all-in / night
Double: THB 2’699 ++ (with full buffet breakfast for 2) – about US$ 94* all-in / night
Minimum 2 night stay applies

BONUS:
Stay 2 nights, receive 1’000 SPG Bonus Points
Stay 4 nights, receive 2’000 SPG Bonus Points

Click here to book now.

Royal Club Deluxe Room
THB 3’999 ++ (room with Royal Club Benefits) – about US$ 138* all-in / night

BONUS:
Stay 2 nights, receive 2’000 SPG Bonus Points
Stay 4 nights, receive 4’000 SPG Bonus Points

Click here to book now.

Deluxe Suite Room
THB 4’200 ++ (room only) – about US$ 145* all-in / night

BONUS:
Stay 2 nights, receive 3’000 SPG Bonus Points
Stay 4 nights, receive 6’000 SPG Bonus Points

Click here to book now.

*US$ values are only indicative and may change due to currency fluctuations. Conversion rate used is US$1 = THB 34.

Terms + Conditions:

• Offer valid at Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel only for stays booked between October 1st and 7th and completed between October 1st and December 30th 2009.
• A minimum stay of two (2) consecutive nights apply.
• A maximum stay of eight (8) consecutive nights apply.
• Advance reservations are required and can only be made online.
• Deluxe Room bookings will be awarded 1,000 Starpoints per 2 nights stayed, up to a maximum of 4 nights. Royal Club Deluxe Room bookings will be awarded 2,000 Starpoints per 2 nights stayed, up to a maximum of 4 nights. Deluxe Suite bookings will be awarded 3’000 Starpoints per 2 nights stayed, up to a maximum of 4 nights.
• 1,000 / 2,000 / 3’000 bonus Starpoints per 2 night stay for a maximum of 4 nights will be credited to the member's account depending on which room type is reserved at time of booking. Bonus Starpoint amount applicable will not change as a result of any complimentary room upgrades applied at the time of check-in or during the stay.
• Royal Club benefits for maximum 2 people are included in the Royal Club Deluxe Room rate.
• Bonus Starpoints will be credited within 4-6 weeks of the stay posting to the member's Starwood Preferred Guest account.
• Multiple rooms charged to the same member during the same stay will only count as one stay.
• An eligible stay is defined as one or more consecutive nights paying a qualifying rate in the same hotel regardless of the number of check-in or check-outs that occur and post to the member’s Starwood Preferred Guest® account.
• All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice, and can be found at SPG.com.
• 1 night deposit is required at time of booking – for cancellations received within 7 days of arrival, 1 night will be forfeited
• Rates are per room, per night, based on single/double occupancy and availability at time of reservation and do not include additional per room, per night charges that may be imposed or state/local taxes.
• A limited number of rooms may be available at these rates.
• Blackout dates and other restrictions may apply.
• Offer not applicable to groups.
• Not to be combined with other offers or promotions and subject to change.
• Not responsible for omissions or typographical errors.
• Void where prohibited by law.
• Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time.
• Starpoints, SPG, Starwood Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Four Points, W, Aloft, Le Meridien, The Luxury Collection, Element, Westin, St. Regis and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates.
© 2009 Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. All Rights reserved.

Last edited by Plaza Athenee, BKK (Starwood); Oct 1, 2009 at 11:29 pm Reason: Greater emphasis on the BONUS aspect
Old Oct 1, 2009, 7:22 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Right on Plaza Athenee, BKK (Starwood) ... thanks ^^^
Old Oct 1, 2009, 7:34 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
^ ^ ^ ^
Old Oct 1, 2009, 7:51 pm

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
Very Nice - and good timing
Old Oct 1, 2009, 8:05 pm

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Nice^ I will inform my friends back home in Japan!!
Old Oct 1, 2009, 8:11 pm

Programs: All My $$$ Went to CO (Plat) with a Lifetime PClub membership that got degraded to United crap...
OK what am I missing???? I travel to BKK a lot and compared to other places these do not look that good of a price.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 8:18 pm

If only I could get this same price at the Plaza Athenee in Paris
Old Oct 1, 2009, 8:23 pm

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Originally Posted by KosraeTV
OK what am I missing???? I travel to BKK a lot and compared to other places these do not look that good of a price.
It gets better if you are a Platinum. You get exec lounge access and possibly a suite too. I believe it can also be combined with the current spg promo "stay 2, get 1 free weekend night."
Old Oct 1, 2009, 8:34 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
^ Thanks Plaza Athenee! I am battling myself for a trip to Bangkok for a break in early December. This comes in at right time!
Old Oct 1, 2009, 8:52 pm

Programs: All My $$$ Went to CO (Plat) with a Lifetime PClub membership that got degraded to United crap...
Originally Posted by kats
It gets better if you are a Platinum. You get exec lounge access and possibly a suite too. I believe it can also be combined with the current spg promo "stay 2, get 1 free weekend night."
Yeah I understand all of that, but I think the price is still on the high side for the current conditions in BKK and don't see this as that "Special". And the location of Plaza is adequate but nothing to write home about IMHO.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 11:31 pm
Company Representative -Le Meridien Plaza Athenee Bangkok
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KosraeTV
Yeah I understand all of that, but I think the price is still on the high side for the current conditions in BKK and don't see this as that "Special". And the location of Plaza is adequate but nothing to write home about IMHO.
Thank you for the feedback!

While we understand that there may have been more attractive rates out there in the market, we feel that for a 5* product within the Starwood Chain, the price point offered is very competitive. Not to forget, the added bonus (for lack of a better word) are the SPG Bonus Points which are awarded for 2 and 4-night stays.

Thanks again for all your support - we look forward to seeing many of you over the next few months!

Best,
Plaza Athenee, BKK (Starwood)
Old Oct 2, 2009, 3:25 am

Programs: LH Sen, Starwood Amb, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Plaza Athenee, BKK (Starwood)
Thank you for the feedback!

While we understand that there may have been more attractive rates out there in the market, we feel that for a 5* product within the Starwood Chain, the price point offered is very competitive. Not to forget, the added bonus (for lack of a better word) are the SPG Bonus Points which are awarded for 2 and 4-night stays.

Thanks again for all your support - we look forward to seeing many of you over the next few months!

Best,
Plaza Athenee, BKK (Starwood)
It is actually a good rate... I am already in BKK and considering moving with my staff to the PA as a result. My last stay was not good at the PA but I am happy to give them another chance!
Old Oct 2, 2009, 4:09 am

Programs: MH Gold, IHG RA, SPG Gold, QF Silver, Hertz 5 star
I wish I had seen this earlier. I have just completed a stay there and liked the hotel and its in the perfect location as its next door to our office.

The rate is better than I get through our company so will use it next week
Old Oct 2, 2009, 5:21 am
Suspended

Its a fair rate, the attractive part is the free breakfast (but if you are plat you will get it anyway) and the bonus points (which average out to 500/night).

While the hotel is decent and perfectly adequate for someone on business, its not the best place to stay on a leisure trip. Decor is very dull (compared to say Conrad nearby) and recreation facilities are minimal (eg no tennis court); if the hotel really wants to attract the leisure guests here, their marketing dept should be more creative in packaging the promos.

Last edited by mario33; Oct 2, 2009 at 8:43 am
Old Oct 2, 2009, 5:37 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by kats
Hmm that would be good to get clarification on for it says:

• Not to be combined with other offers or promotions and subject to change.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.