Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Email address for Complaints

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Email address for Complaints

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2009, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KLM Gold, Emirates, EVA Silver& Accor A Club Silver
Angry Email address for Complaints

After a really ...... experience dealing with the Star alliance lounge in paris . I want to make a pretty power full complaint to Star alliance.

However their contact page on their web site does not work... um so much for customer feed back.

Would appreciate if anyone has a current valid e-mail contact address for Star Alliance complaints.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 12:39 pm

Welcome to FT.

You need to address your complaint with the airline whose lounge it was. There is no generic Star complaint "desk" as such.

It may also help to elaborate a bit more about what the actual problem was. Plenty of good people in here who may have some ideas for you to pursue.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The individual airlines are generally the best place to file complaints, but Star Alliance does have a contact form on their website:
http://www.staralliance.com/en/meta/contacts.html
Old Mar 27, 2009, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Al B
Welcome to FT.

You need to address your complaint with the airline whose lounge it was. There is no generic Star complaint "desk" as such.

It may also help to elaborate a bit more about what the actual problem was. Plenty of good people in here who may have some ideas for you to pursue.

I was traveling from Rio to Bangkok via Paris. Because of connection times, Rio-Paris was with Air France and the Paris -Bangkok flight was with Thai airways.

Thai airways depart from Terminal 1 in CDG, which is a pain to get to anyway. When I did get there, I opted to stay within the secure area and go directly to the STAR ALLIANCE Lounge in Terminal 1. Already had a boarding pass printed via AF in Rio.

When I got there I was told I was unable to enter the lounge despite being Gold with BMI and was flying with Thai airways who was a founding member.

I explained to the lady and the manager that the reason I did not have an invite (flying economy) was because I had checked in at Rio. If I had checked in with Thai in CDG I would have been given a invitation because of my Gold status.

They were not prepared to listen nor even phone Thai, infact they were damm rude, which was what prompted me to join this site.

I was shown a list of airlines which were allowed into the STAR ALLIANCE longe, BMI was not one of them.

Please find attached below the picture of the list of airlines allowed.

I want to complain
a, Because of the Rudeness and unhelpfull Staff at the STAR ALLIANCE Lounge at CDG Terminal 1

b, This means most UK residents will be barred from entry into this lounge as most are likely to be BMI members of STAR ALLIANCE.

c, Makes a joke of being part of a so called global alliance.

soitgoes The individual airlines are generally the best place to file complaints, but Star Alliance does have a contact form on their website:

I have already complained to BMI, verbally and via their site, the above Star alliance help page only goes as far s filling in the info, it crash's after that. I tried it numerous times already yesterday. Thank's anyway.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Welcome to FT.

I am getting fed up trying to answer this on this board, it is almost as frustrating as my experience at CDG Terminal 1.

I have answered this post and the other one already, with a picture, not sure why the MOD has not allowed it

CAN THE MOD'S ON HERE PLEASE EXPLAIN WHERE MY PREVIOUS POST HAS GONE?

I took the time and effort to explain my situation, when i posted my replies I was informed that they would not be posted straight away.

Sorry don't understand this, you want me to scan my boarding pass as well to verify everything?

I thought this was like a consumer forum for airline travellers !?!

PLEASE IGNORE THIS MY ORIGINAL REPLY IS NOW UP.... The one BEFORE THIS ONE.

Thank's MOD's

Last edited by ruskiehat; Mar 27, 2009 at 4:50 pm
Old Mar 27, 2009, 1:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
You need to address your complaint with the airline whose lounge it was.
In Paris, no single airline "owns" the lounge AFAIK. It's a Star Alliance lounge.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 4:21 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
I'm pretty sure the airlines that are listed on the chart refer to the airline you are travelling with!

You were travelling with Thai Airways, and it it is clearly indicated that Star Alliance Gold (SAG) will get you into the lounge.

You are right to complain. And I don't believe how stupid these dragons must be to not understand these simple access rules. After all this is the main thing they have to know!

Edit: Just saw the last line in the picture and it says that "SAG of CA, JP, LH, ..., TK, US" have access. BD is missing, and so are SA, OS, UA, FM, JK, KF and SK. Very strange! And definitely against *A rules!
Old Mar 28, 2009, 7:37 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Welcome to FT ruskiehat.

Sorry to hear about your problem. I think the reason why your post did not appear immediately was because according to FT TOS you need 20 posts or more to include an image in your post. If you merely included a link, it may be because posts with URLs are referred to Mods if coming from a new member. It happened to me.

In addition to complaining to Star Alliance I think it's a good idea to complain to BD Diamond Club because it looks as if BD is not paying to allow its Gold members to access this lounge.

BTW I'm a UK resident but my main FFP is not BD.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Mar 29, 2009 at 2:01 am Reason: typo
Old Mar 28, 2009, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by soitgoes
The individual airlines are generally the best place to file complaints, but Star Alliance does have a contact form on their website:

This web page address is definitly not working tried again today.

Would really appreciate if someone had some way of contacting STAR Alliance directly. In terms of BMI, my complaint has been acknowledged, but have yet to have a formal reply to it.

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Welcome to FT ruskiehat.

In addition to complaining to Star Alliance I think it's a good idea to complain to BD Diamond Club because it looks as if BD is not paying to allow its Gold members to access this lounge.

BTW I'm a UK resident but my main FFP is not BD.

Yes personally I am really looking forward to the day Lufthansa takes over BMI and hopefully the running of Diamond club, for me it could not happen any sooner.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ruskiehat
This web page address is definitly not working tried again today.
I just submitted an inquiry through the *A website:
Thank you!
Your message has been sent to the Star Alliance Help Desk. You will be contacted shortly.
Yes personally I am really looking forward to the day Lufthansa takes over BMI and hopefully the running of Diamond club, for me it could not happen any sooner.
I think you'll find that your are in the minority on that, at least in terms of the FF program.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

I just submitted an inquiry through the *A website:

I think you'll find that your are in the minority on that, at least in terms of the FF program.
Ok will try again now. Thanks.^

Um, let's see with BMI cutting back on more frill's shall we, how much patience their loyal customers are willing to tolerate.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Um, let's see with BMI cutting back on more frill's shall we, how much patience their loyal customers are willing to tolerate.
Some FTers like BMI miles, not BMI flights.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Ok Have just registered my complaint with the Star alliance link you provided, It worked this time.

Yes in regards to BMI, the programme has changed over the years, I will post my gripes on the BMI page for that, but thank's for your help
Old Mar 29, 2009, 2:06 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
The problem is BMI is in airline business and not just a loyalty programme.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 3:50 am

- Synopsis of Concern:

Violates the maximum limit of compensation of missing luggage at the Montreal convention in Turkish Airlines international civil aviation law. JED reference number TK25337 My luggage was delayed delivered in 25 days. of my belongings in my luggage when I turn I see that all stolen. i shared bill of my lost things that which i cant reach but its called about maximum limit about 1000tl. But according to the law of the international civil aviation convention in Montreal maximum limit is writing 1,250 euros. Here is a violation of the law in this situation. im expecting from u to solve this problem in soon time .. Kind Regards...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.