Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance Lounge at Paris CDG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance Lounge at Paris CDG

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2009, 4:54 am

Yes, I'm in here now and there ARE showers. Use the door on the far left corner of the lounge.

Food has NOT improved. I know we're in France, but other nationalities prefer a little choice, other than an apple and a plate of meat that looks as though it was sat out for hours <BARF>.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA 1k, SPG/Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
The showers are quite good though (it will feel warm in the room - turn off the heated towel rack). The only flaw - no steam exhaust, so it gets a little foggy.

One thing I like about this lounge - you can walk outside in the courtyard. Now I know it's a depressing courtyard and used by smokers, but sometimes a breath of air is nice when spending a day or two in airports and planes.

One amusing thing - some fool had decided to use a form of heavy saw dust for the cigarette bins outside - fortunately the light rain on the day I visited was keeping the resulting fire to a slow smoulder.

The wifi was good quality - I saved myself some roaming fees by using skype on my iphone and wandering around outside while I chatted to my wife.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 8:55 pm

Programs: XP AA, ◊ HGP, PL SPG, 1K UA
I was denied entry on *A Lounge at CDG, while traveling on UA metal from CDG to SFO (via ORD) on C Cabin. Was told to use the Red Carpet lounge, which although not the shittie$t RCC, but still of course down there with the rest of the herd. Insisted on my *A Gold status, but still no go.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 11:41 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by Cheerfulflyer
I was denied entry on *A Lounge at CDG, while traveling on UA metal from CDG to SFO (via ORD) on C Cabin. Was told to use the Red Carpet lounge, which although not the shittie$t RCC, but still of course down there with the rest of the herd. Insisted on my *A Gold status, but still no go.
There are other posts on this - it appears that UA have negotiated an exemption for their travellers stopping them using the *A lounge at CDG.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 4:59 am

Thumbs down No access for LH passengers

I was denied access to the Paris CDG Star Alliance Lounge in Terminal 1 last week, holding a LH Gold card (LH Senator) and a same day Y class ticket on LH.

I was told that LH requires all LH passengers to use LH's own lounge and LH will not pay the Star Alliance lounge for any of their passengers. In case I would have had a ticket of another *A member (not LH), I woould have been allowed access.

This is a clear violation of *A rules. Even on LH's webiste it is stated that Senators have the choice of three lounges: LH Sen & business lounge as well as Star Alliance lounge.

I will complain to LH.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 2:05 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by mtresc
I was denied access to the Paris CDG Star Alliance Lounge in Terminal 1 last week, holding a LH Gold card (LH Senator) and a same day Y class ticket on LH.

I was told that LH requires all LH passengers to use LH's own lounge and LH will not pay the Star Alliance lounge for any of their passengers. In case I would have had a ticket of another *A member (not LH), I woould have been allowed access.

This is a clear violation of *A rules. Even on LH's webiste it is stated that Senators have the choice of three lounges: LH Sen & business lounge as well as Star Alliance lounge.

I will complain to LH.
Please let us know what their reply is! Either update the homepage or inform the Star-lounge otherwise.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 9:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E75
Originally Posted by mtresc

I will complain to LH.
I have experienced tons of violation of *A rules regarding lounge access, to the point I am never sure if I can trust the *A rules.

I have complained to LH regarding CDG, to no avail. They did reply but the reply was so convoluted it was nearly incomprehensible. In summary, they said they were always right and I was only a *G customer, nothing important enough to worry about.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Now that the RCC at CDG has closed, does anyone know if UA 1K (or Star Gold members) travelling on UA, LH, and CA will be allowed to use the Star Alliance lounge at CDG?
Old Aug 20, 2009, 8:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by sapguy
Now that the RCC at CDG has closed,
Has it?????????? Really?????? Since when?
Old Aug 20, 2009, 8:34 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by grenouille
Has it?????????? Really?????? Since when?
I may have got things confused with the closing of the IFL at CDG.

So the RCC at CDG is still open? I will be passing through CDG in October.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 3:53 am

Programs: AC-E, Fairmont President's Club Premier
Just a heads-up for people wondering about the Star Alliance lounge in Paris: I was on Turkish Airlines Flight 1824 (CDG-IST) as an Air Canada Elite/Star Alliance Gold member, and I was given a lounge invitation during check-in. The invitation allowed me and a friend to enter the Star Alliance lounge. Maybe some check-in agents forget to give the pass to their customers?

Other tidbits: the food at 1:00pm was great given the reviews - several hot options, soup, bread, cheese, various meats, etc. There are definitely showers and the courtyard was appreciated despite the smokers.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 2:40 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
In the lounge right now

I am flying LH CDG-MUC today and thought I'd give the Star Alliance lounge a try. First getting through passport control was difficult but they accepted my explanation that I wanted to try the lounge. Second, getting in the lounge was very difficult. The lounge dragon said the following: "You have to go to the LH-lounge", "We don't accept BD Gold here", "We can not scan your boarding pass", "We can not read your card". Standing firm and polite for a couple of minutes I was finally accepted by her supervisor without any registration done..
Old Oct 18, 2009, 12:24 am

Programs: SK Lifetime EB*G, HHonors Diamond, BalticMiles VIP, Turkish Airlines Miles@Smiles, Club Carlson
Same lounge, same problems

Writing this from the same notorious Star Alliance lounge at CDG. Arrived from CLT on US Airways flight "Envoy" (business) class, have further flight with SAS in business class. I'm EBG as well.

Initially was firmly rejected in usual French style on usual grounds that SAS has it's own lounge. However SAS lounge was not open yet so after some discussions I was allowed into Business class part of this lounge (downstairs, elevator certainly not working).

Wi-Fi is free of charge and has good connectivity here. That's all about good things... Very poor choice of food (some cereals etc.) like other people have mentioned earlier. Poor choice of drinks. Coffee machine was switched on only when I specifically asked for it.

I think that this lounge should have no rights to use Star Alliance name because it rejects even Star Alliance Gold members from several airlines. Where should I send my e-mail about this?

P.S. It is now past 8am, food choice etc. has not improved. Probably will go to find SAS lounge, supposedly somewhere in Shengen zone...
Old Oct 18, 2009, 12:30 am

Programs: SK Lifetime EB*G, HHonors Diamond, BalticMiles VIP, Turkish Airlines Miles@Smiles, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by Gnopps
Second, getting in the lounge was very difficult. The lounge dragon said the following: "You have to go to the LH-lounge", "We don't accept BD Gold here", "We can not scan your boarding pass", "We can not read your card".
Lounge dragon today has taken shape of a nice girl but the contents of what she said was exactly the same, except I'm SK EBG (tried to re-direct me to SAS lounge) and she didn't say anything about reading my card
Old Dec 19, 2009, 11:04 am

Programs: M&M, FB, DL, BA, UA...
Was denied entry as BD gold on TK flight today. Was already warned at checkin that BD members did not have lounge access because BD had just joined *?!. The lounge dragon told me that neither BD nor South African star members had access due to lack of payment. When i pointed at the bmi sign outside she simply shrugged. Would like to contact BD or * about this

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.