Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Overview of Star Silver Status

Overview of Star Silver Status

Old Dec 27, 2009, 11:28 pm

Programs: United, Delta
Thanks for the update, nice to see all the info on one page
Old Jan 17, 2010, 4:35 pm

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meli Platinum
Originally Posted by crazychicken
Hi, great compilation of *silver status. Just one question, in your table you mention that LH FTLs have access to SK lounges??? True, or just a typo? If true, what are the rules, which lounges?

Thanks for reply
Your silver *A or LH FTL can only access the business lounges in GermanySwitzerland and Austria. All other *A lounges worlswide are just GOLD status.
Old May 22, 2010, 6:33 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany
Original Poster

I have updated the chart with the Fidelidade Program of TAM (JJ) on my homepage. (Click here).

As usual, it might be worth (maybe neccessary) to have a look, since the information available are not really good to find on TAM's homepage in German and Englisch.

It seems, they have not changed the really short expirying date of the points and the Mid Tier seems not really good if it comes to any sort of benefits.
Old May 22, 2010, 11:45 pm

Programs: QFF, Velocity, Asiana
Originally Posted by kai.lileboo
Your silver *A or LH FTL can only access the business lounges in GermanySwitzerland and Austria.
Are you sure about Star Alliance Silver card holders having access to the Business lounges in Germany, Switzerland and Austria? I hadn't heard this before and I'm *A Silver on Asiana and going through Germany in a few weeks. It'd be very nice to be able to relax in the lounges between flights. Is there a site somewhere that backs this up?
Old May 23, 2010, 4:43 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sea-Wolf
Are you sure about Star Alliance Silver card holders having access to the Business lounges in Germany, Switzerland and Austria? I hadn't heard this before and I'm *A Silver on Asiana and going through Germany in a few weeks. It'd be very nice to be able to relax in the lounges between flights. Is there a site somewhere that backs this up?
No, only LH FTL (*S) gets you into the Business Class / FTL lounges of those airlines, who have Miles & More as Frequent Flyer Program. But this is - unfortunately - not for all *S Card holders (if they fly in Economy)
Old Aug 11, 2010, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by FLYGVA
I have updated the chart with the Fidelidade Program of TAM (JJ) on my homepage. (Click here).

As usual, it might be worth (maybe neccessary) to have a look, since the information available are not really good to find on TAM's homepage in German and Englisch.

It seems, they have not changed the really short expirying date of the points and the Mid Tier seems not really good if it comes to any sort of benefits.
Oh very cool, thanks for your work. Hopefully the next update will have all the corresponding dates to go with it.

Last edited by levanta; Aug 16, 2010 at 12:51 pm
Old Aug 31, 2010, 9:58 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
so you have to have 25k or 30 segments if you fly US to have *S, or does being a silver preferred on US get you *S, as well? *G comes in at 100k?
Old Dec 5, 2010, 7:35 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
What do US-based carriers do for A3 *S?
Old Dec 6, 2010, 6:14 pm

Programs: QFF, Velocity, Asiana
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
What do US-based carriers do for A3 *S?
I think you'll get free luggage. But as far as I'm aware, that's it.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 6:05 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by Sea-Wolf
I think you'll get free luggage. But as far as I'm aware, that's it.
In addition to the above, as a *S on US based *A carriers you should look out for:

1) At some airports - there are dedicated elite check-in agents.
2) At some airports - there are 'elite access' security lanes, which might or might not be shorter than the regular TSA queues.
3) Priority boarding - the GA's call silver elite status before general boarding.

Always have your *S card ready to show just in case you status does not print on your boarding pass.

SunLover
Old Dec 20, 2010, 7:26 am

Programs: LH FTL; A3*Gold
M&M FTLs have lounge access when travelling on SN (all stations). It is a unique perk for FTLs in the M&M scheme. ^

http://www.brusselsairlines.com/en_p...=20474#piTitle
Old Dec 21, 2010, 11:20 am

Programs: AAdvantage, CO onepass
Co Elite on AC

Ignore!

Last edited by dazfoz; Dec 21, 2010 at 11:21 am Reason: Because for some reason my post ended up a reply rather than a new post
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:52 am

Programs: A3*G, BAEC Gold
Over the past 5 years, I've been *S 2 times and *G 3 times; I was granted access to the Lufthansa Business Lounge in Berlin and Frankfurt atleast 6 times as a *S. This year when trying to access the Berlin lounge, I was denied as an AC*S, so whatever benefit I had as AC*S in 2007 disappeared in 2010

If I'm to fly 30-40k miles in 2011, I guess it won't be with Aeroplan. Asiana (48m+1) seems like a good deal to make *G for 2012 or if I'm really ambitious, make early qualification after signing up.

A little off-topic, but probably relevant to everyone with *S status: Does Asiana status only occur when you fly a certain number of miles on their metal? I rarely travel to Asia and normally do TXL - North America or intra-European.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Gold, Virgin Silver
You got lounge access on *S?

Which airline? I'm *S on UA and would love to figure this out.

Originally Posted by Andem
Over the past 5 years, I've been *S 2 times and *G 3 times; I was granted access to the Lufthansa Business Lounge in Berlin and Frankfurt atleast 6 times as a *S. This year when trying to access the Berlin lounge, I was denied as an AC*S, so whatever benefit I had as AC*S in 2007 disappeared in 2010

If I'm to fly 30-40k miles in 2011, I guess it won't be with Aeroplan. Asiana (48m+1) seems like a good deal to make *G for 2012 or if I'm really ambitious, make early qualification after signing up.

A little off-topic, but probably relevant to everyone with *S status: Does Asiana status only occur when you fly a certain number of miles on their metal? I rarely travel to Asia and normally do TXL - North America or intra-European.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 2:45 pm

Programs: *A-A3-*S, *A M&M FTL *S, EI-Green, AccorGold
Check out *G status (20k) on Aegean at aegeanair.com

You get *S after 4k and get 12 months to do each one (so you have 12 months from reaching *S to get 16k for *G).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.