Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Advice on lounges for trip to TPE?

Old Jun 8, 2006, 11:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVPG, SPG/Marriott Gold

I'm flying SEA-NRT-TPE (and back) and am looking for advice on the best lounges to visit enroute. I'm flying Int'l F for the first time, as well. Between that, my RCC membership, and *G (1K) status, I think I'm pretty well covered, but there are so many choices and so little time!

I figure I'll spend some time in the SEA IFL, but NRT has ANA/RCC lounges, and I'm not even sure what is available at TPE.

I'm primarily a domestic flyer, so I appreciate any tips/tricks from those of you who are more knowledgeable in the ways of international (especially F!) travel!
Old Jun 9, 2006, 12:16 am

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
NRT has the IFL which is very nice esp. when the RCC gets crowded. You can also try out the new ANA lounges.

TPE has the SQ lounge that UA shares...nice but nothing to write home about even in F. The F part is just turn left instead of turn right...
Old Jun 9, 2006, 5:07 am

Programs: UA, CX, BR
The Narita RCC first lounge is *extremely* nice; the SQ first at Taipei is fine--quite decent for a light breakfast if you're flying out in the morning.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 5:24 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Moving to the Star Alliance forum, since the question is more than just UA-related.

cblaisd
Moderator, United

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.