Star Alliance Award tickets

Subscribe
I have a question about Star Alliance Award Tickets? I tried to book a ticket for November 2006 and was told that they will only do it within 10 months of travel time????
Is this correct?? Most airlines use a 333 day cut-off????
Help
Who are you booking through? i.e. what program and what airline will the miles come from?

Different airlines have different rules.
Quote: Who are you booking through? i.e. what program and what airline will the miles come from?

Different airlines have different rules.

I have 50K US miles ....have had difficulty obtaining award tickets on US....Star Alliance trough UA has been more rewarding...Have never heard of a 10 month rule only 333 days????
For some time there was a 90 day limit on UA->LH award bookings (this was earlier this year IIRC or late last year). I believe that one has been dropped. I think LH was overly concerned with UA's liquidity.

10 months does seem an odd figure though. This is one of those "call again" times I think.
I was even told once by UA that SK doesn't release seats for a *A award booking until one month before departure. I found that hard to believe, but then I've never been offered SK in any of my trips - it's always LH LH LH!!!
Thanks for the info! I will call reservations again. I find it very difficult to get award tickets on US.....almost everything is sold out
i'm trying to get a star alliance award travel in april LON-LAS. using 80,000 US miles for business tix. can get there on 8th alright, but 15th coming home---- nothing---> I think this is one of those things- keep trying see what you get. right now i'm booked in economy on 14th through LAX on UA. i can change this to another stopover city, date, and hopefully business class w/o charge. however if avaiability on NZ or US opens up I"ll have to pay a $50 change fee. annoying.