Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

BKK-FRA: TG A380 direct or TG 747 & OZ A380 First Class

Old Sep 18, 2017, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E

I'm want to go from BKK to FRA in F.

Can either go directly TG A380 or BKK-ICN TG 747 and then ICN-FRA OZ A380.

It's an extra 12 detour (about 6 hours to ICN and a 6 hour stopover at ICN) but I don't mind.
I'm asking from the experience perspective which would be a better option?
There's no difference in the amount of miles needed.

Thanks.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
I'm a big fan of OZ F on the A380, but it's a really long detour. If you'd do something constructive with the time then go for it.

I've been pretty disappointed with the food on TG though the service is usually quite good. OZ food though has been consistently good on the routes I've flown with them. Entertainment seems much better on TG where OZ is a bit lacking in a wide variety of Hollywood content. Also, OZ F lounge in ICN is incredibly disappointing, so if you don't have work to catch up on then a quick dash outside the airport may be something to consider.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Just go TG direct. It's really silly to spend an extra 12 hours. I wasn't that impressed with OZ F that on an upcoming trip I'm opting for BR J for LAX-TPE-BKK instead of going through ICN in F.

The most back tracking I've done is JFK-TPE-NRT but that was an award to do my first Royal Laurel flight AND try one of the Hello Kitty planes.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
I wasn't that impressed with OZ F
Nor I. This is not even a close call. TG 380.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'm trying to figure out what about the OZ F experience could make it be worth 12 extra hours en route. Especially when it also means a 5.5 hour redeye flight on TG.

The TG F seat is solid on the A380. Service is, as is typical with TG, hit or miss. But still not worth the inconvenience and time of the connecting route.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 3:44 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by flyerby
I'm want to go from BKK to FRA in F.

Can either go directly TG A380 or BKK-ICN TG 747 and then ICN-FRA OZ A380.

It's an extra 12 detour (about 6 hours to ICN and a 6 hour stopover at ICN) but I don't mind.
I'm asking from the experience perspective which would be a better option?
There's no difference in the amount of miles needed.

Thanks.
This seems to be too much even for a hard-core flyer talker... Why would anyone sane spent extra 12 hours on 11hour 35 minutes flight is beyond my comprehension...

Originally Posted by sbm12
I'm trying to figure out what about the OZ F experience could make it be worth 12 extra hours en route. Especially when it also means a 5.5 hour redeye flight on TG.

The TG F seat is solid on the A380. Service is, as is typical with TG, hit or miss. But still not worth the inconvenience and time of the connecting route.
+100
Old Sep 20, 2017, 6:58 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
I just flew OZ F ICN-JFK this week, and was underwhelmed. Seat was good, but IFE and food not
as good as expected or hoped for. I actually preferred the inbound TG BKK-ICN in F on
a 744 red-eye flight.

I would vote for the non-stop in a flash.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 4:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Thanks guys. I’ll go with the direct option.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.