Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Crediting Miles to a Different FF Program After the Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2017, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond

Hello,

I understand this may be a stupid question, and I accept any impending criticism from the community

I flew a AV business class flight from LAX-BOG in May, and credited the flight to my Avianca Lifemiles account. I wish to switch my *A program to TK, but I was curious if there is anyway to credit that booking to TK. I do not care if they remove the elite/redeemable miles from my AV account.

I understand this is unlikely, but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks in advance for the help
Old Aug 28, 2017, 12:39 pm

You can ask AV to reverse the credit and then retrocredit to TK, but this is highly unlikely to happen unless you have strong evidence that you wanted to credit to TK in the first place (say, a BP with your TK number on it).

If you don't ask you'll never know, but expect a resounding "no".
Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by malmostoso
You can ask AV to reverse the credit and then retrocredit to TK, but this is highly unlikely to happen unless you have strong evidence that you wanted to credit to TK in the first place (say, a BP with your TK number on it).

If you don't ask you'll never know, but expect a resounding "no".
Thanks for the reply. Has anyone ever done this before?

Also would there be any chance in filing a missing miles claim with TK and submitting the booking info?
Old Aug 30, 2017, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
You should certainly expect a big "NO" from TK (if you would ever get a reply). With TK anything just slightly extraordinary is very difficult to accomplish - also due to communication issues.

Let it go. Not worth the hassle.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 8:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Also would there be any chance in filing a missing miles claim with TK and submitting the booking info?
You mean trying to credit the same flight to two programs?

I think you already know the answer to that.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kacee
You mean trying to credit the same flight to two programs?

I think you already know the answer to that.
Not trying to credit miles to two programs, just want the miles which were credited to AV to be credited to TK instead.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 5:52 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Not trying to credit miles to two programs, just want the miles which were credited to AV to be credited to TK instead.
Well as they say, "if wishes were horses..."
Old Sep 5, 2017, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yurtripper
Well as they say, "if wishes were horses..."
Ya I knew it was a longshot, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask
Old Sep 29, 2017, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Would Turkish be able to tell if you had credited the miles elsewhere? Judging from the consumer-facing IT, systems are not often connected despite alliance claims of seamless service.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 1:21 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Would Turkish be able to tell if you had credited the miles elsewhere? Judging from the consumer-facing IT, systems are not often connected despite alliance claims of seamless service.
Yes. When you submit a mileage request the FFP contacts the operating airline for payment, the operating airline should then identify they have already credited miles elsewhere and decline payment, which then results in the FFP decline the mileage request.

Nowadays this check is supposed to be fairly instant across *A airlines & their FFPs.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 7:44 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
That would be a fraud...
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Yes. When you submit a mileage request the FFP contacts the operating airline for payment, the operating airline should then identify they have already credited miles elsewhere and decline payment, which then results in the FFP decline the mileage request.

Nowadays this check is supposed to be fairly instant across *A airlines & their FFPs.
And there would be possibility of having both accounts audited and even closed for attempted fraud...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.