Wiki Posts
Search

*A Booking

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2017, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
*A Booking

This is probably a stupid question, but I am *A Gold with UA. If I am booking directly with other *A carriers such as AC or LH should I buy them as a "guest" and provide my UA number then opposed to making an account with them?
Old Jul 15, 2017, 11:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by kdfu685
If I am booking directly with other *A carriers such as AC or LH should I buy them as a "guest" and provide my UA number then opposed to making an account with them?
It's up to you whether you want to create an account or not. If you don't plan on ever doing this again, the guest route should be just fine.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 1:02 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
This is probably a stupid question, but I am *A Gold with UA. If I am booking directly with other *A carriers such as AC or LH should I buy them as a "guest" and provide my UA number then opposed to making an account with them?
Yea don't make an account with them. You'll usually be able to enter your FF # when purchasing the flight and entering passenger details, but if you forget that, you can always add it at OLCI 24 hours before the flight.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 8:03 pm

Programs: UA *G. DL ̶G̶O̶L̶D̶ Member, Hilton/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
The only upside of making an account is if you are going to use the mobile tools via their apps, otherwise its mostly not worth it (though LH will gift you 500 miles for signing up)
Old Jul 28, 2017, 3:29 am

Just in case the point has been missed... If you open a FF account with each *A airline you fly and book flights crediting to each respective program you will end up with a bunch of accounts each with small mile/point balances.

You CAN credit ALL your *A travel to one *A FF program....in your case since you are G with UA that would be the best place to credit.

Not trying to insult you if you knew that...but it wasn't clear to me from your question....(better safe than sorry)
Old Jul 29, 2017, 4:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by trooper
Just in case the point has been missed... If you open a FF account with each *A airline you fly and book flights crediting to each respective program you will end up with a bunch of accounts each with small mile/point balances.

You CAN credit ALL your *A travel to one *A FF program....in your case since you are G with UA that would be the best place to credit.
+1

While I maintain several *A accounts (AC, NH, SQ, AV) in order to search for award space and/or book awards using transferred UR/MR points, in almost all instances I credit paid *A flights to my home program (UA) for mileage earning.

Small balances in multiple accounts is a really bad outcome, particularly since many of these programs have non-extendable expiration periods.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.