Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

KAL Lounge vs Star Alliance Business Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2017, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways, United, American, Delta, Southwest, Alaska

Hello:

I have Priority Lounge Pass. I am flying business class on Swiss Air out of Los Angeles. Which lounge is better the KAL or the Star Alliance Business Class Lounge. Thank you.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 5:00 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Welcome to Flyer Talk stacey030

At LAX TBIT the star alliance lounge is better than the Korean lounge. Note the Korean lounge has limited hours of access for Priority Pass (noon to 8pm) due to overcrowding.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Jun 16, 2017 at 6:34 pm
Old Jun 16, 2017, 6:02 pm

I second the vote for Star Alliance. Much better food options as well.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Lounge hop

If you have the time why not try them both?

SL
Old Jun 16, 2017, 9:35 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by SunLover
If you have the time why not try them both?

SL
Not worth the the bother. Star* lounge is much nicer in every respect. Better food, better adult beverages, better ambiance. And then there's the outdoor patio.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 9:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
OT, but why in the world did ST select KE to operate theit TBIT lounge? While their onboard service is excellent, they have no idea how to operate a premium lounge. AF or even DL would have been a better call.

*A made the much better choice with NZ.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
OT, but why in the world did ST select KE to operate theit TBIT lounge? While their onboard service is excellent, they have no idea how to operate a premium lounge. AF or even DL would have been a better call.
because KE has been at TBIT for eons and therefore had its lounge there whereas AF only moved there more recently (and DL is not at TBIT either). AF is aware of the mediocrity of the KE lounge and has contracted access to the NZ or QF lounge for its F passengers.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by 1kBill
Not worth the the bother. Star* lounge is much nicer in every respect. Better food, better adult beverages, better ambiance. And then there's the outdoor patio.
LOL; I did qualify my response with if you have the time. Basic curiosity, additional travel knowledge, and a variety of experiences might be worth a few minutes of effort. YMMV.

SL
Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:11 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
I haven't seen the KE lounge, but I really liked the Star lounge. I wouldn't say it's terribly quiet and I didn't check out the work spaces, but there are some darker areas where you can rest a bit, lots of seating and the outdoor patio is fantastic. I took my laptop out there and just enjoyed the view and weather. It's a shame the building blocks the view a little bit, but it's still kinda cool to be able to see the ramp activities.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: UA
KE is a 1/4 step above a domestic UA club. I'm not sure how familiar you are with Costco products, OP, but that's pretty much what KE offers. They have Shin ramen, bargain basement sandwiches, chips & salsa. The one thing I like is they have canned drinks so you can take one for the journey.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.