Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Milan (MXP) United Club member options?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2017, 1:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: united

flying into Milan for a layover, I have United Club but doesn't look like they have a lounge there. Can I use my United Club card at another lounge in MXP
Old Apr 23, 2017, 4:28 am

Programs: A3 *G, Hilton Diamond, Accor Silver
If you have a paid membership at United Club, you will be able to access the Lufthansa Business lounge in MXP if you meet the following:

Following section taken from Star Alliance site:

As an eligible holder of Paid Lounge Membership, you have access to any Star Alliance member airline Business Class Lounge. Eligible paid memberships include United Club and Air Canada Maple Leaf Club – Worldwide. You will need to show your boarding pass for a Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport together with your valid eligible paid lounge membership card, displaying the Star Alliance Lounge Logo. You are entitled to a maximum of one guest. Except in Singapore where the Singapore Airlines Krisflyer Gold Lounge is available.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Yep xichang08 is completely correct, you are entitled to access the LH J lounge at MXP.

That being said, it's highly advisable that you bring your physical United Club card and a copy of the Star Alliance rules listed above (Google "Star Alliance Lounge Finder" to find them) just in case the lounge dragon on duty isn't familiar with the rules / gives you a hard time.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to Flyertalk deancowles. As you're seeking a *A lounge in MXP, we'll move this to the *A forum.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Apr 25, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus - Premier Gold, Star Alliance Gold, World of Hyatt Explorist, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by deancowles
flying into Milan for a layover, I have United Club but doesn't look like they have a lounge there. Can I use my United Club card at another lounge in MXP
I had no problems accessing the Lufthansa lounge at MXP with a UA lounge membership, although to be honest the specific club is quite abysmal and leaves much to be desired.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.