Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

StarAlliance Europe AirPass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2017, 3:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamand; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; SPG Gold; LeAccor Platinum

Do anyone how does the Europe pass work? It seems that I tried calling LH no one seems to know about this? Need some advise.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 3:48 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
I believe that you can buy it only as an add-on to RT long-haul to Europe. Last time I used it, my brick-and-mortar travel agent did not have any issues doing it for me...
Old Apr 11, 2017, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamand; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; SPG Gold; LeAccor Platinum
Thanks for the reply! I am taking from Singapore to Munich via a long haul. May I ask what is RT? Apologies as I am not sure of the acronym
Old Apr 11, 2017, 9:49 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by dp86
Thanks for the reply! I am taking from Singapore to Munich via a long haul. May I ask what is RT? Apologies as I am not sure of the acronym
RT = return. Here are details: http://www.staralliance.com/en/airpa...rope%20Airpass and T&C http://www.staralliance.com/en/airpa...assName=Europe Airpass&view=tc
Old Apr 22, 2017, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by vbroucek
I believe that you can buy it only as an add-on to RT long-haul to Europe. Last time I used it, my brick-and-mortar travel agent did not have any issues doing it for me...
Can I ask whose ticket stock issued the ticket? Was it the carrier who flew you to Europe, the operating carrier of the segments within Europe, or someone else?
Old Apr 22, 2017, 7:06 pm

My main ticket was LH Australia to Europe return on LH stock and the Star was on LX stock. Was organised through my usual "brick and mortar" travel agent.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 1:59 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
My main ticket was LH Australia to Europe return on LH stock and the Star was on LX stock. Was organised through my usual "brick and mortar" travel agent.
Did they hit you with fuel surcharge? I tried booking this with UA and they wanted to charge me some very expensive fuel surcharge making it hardly worthwhile. NZ don't charge you fuel but they charge a $120 booking fee.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 3:11 am

Yes, there were some YQ charges plus other charges. My routing was rather complicated, including ground/train sector and separate intra-European flight. I was delivering lectures in cities like RAK, BCN, FCO, VIE, PRG, TXL and CDG at very specific dates and I was not able to get Star ticket (it books to specific bucket - sorry do not recall it) for some of the dates, so I had to be creative and had ground sectors in it etc...
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:20 pm

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Try getting LH and LX to match your baggage allowance on your airpass according to your intercontinental ticket !!!! They are a joke! Its sometimes cheaper to book P fares in business direct through LH.com Shame they don't honour their own fares from Australia in their own call centre (Lufthansa)
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by cbourl
Try getting LH and LX to match your baggage allowance on your airpass according to your intercontinental ticket !!!! They are a joke! Its sometimes cheaper to book P fares in business direct through LH.com Shame they don't honour their own fares from Australia in their own call centre (Lufthansa)
Airpass is economy only, so yes, matching allowances is impossible.

Seen your post about it on M&M and it puzzles me, because I always use that type of fare and never had problem having it issued. Half of the time I used TA, other I call MEL centre... Depending on exact routing, sometimes it is issued on LX stock, sometimes on LH. My own experience with them is excellent - latest was booking my three-region award in business, where agent in MEL proactively offered SQ (388 and 77W) instead of TG and cleverly managed to do something I though I would need buying extra flight...
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:41 pm

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Airpass is economy only, so yes, matching allowances is impossible.

Seen your post about it on M&M and it puzzles me, because I always use that type of fare and never had problem having it issued. Half of the time I used TA, other I call MEL centre... Depending on exact routing, sometimes it is issued on LX stock, sometimes on LH. My own experience with them is excellent - latest was booking my three-region award in business, where agent in MEL proactively offered SQ (388 and 77W) instead of TG and cleverly managed to do something I though I would need buying extra flight...
Melbourne call centre? where is that? Must be Manilla Mel only issue tiks every year the same problem with LH Aussie call centre - and according to Europe Airpass fare rules baggage allowance needs to match the baggage allowance of the Intercontinental fare into/out of Europe
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:12 pm

AFAIK 1300-655-727 is MEL call centre, based in MEL and 02-9367-3887 is also serviced locally in Australia. They would not speak fluent English with German accent and have typical German names (I know few of them by full names) in Manilla. Last time I spoken with them was December 2016.

As for the allowance, travelling usually light, I never checked until now, but yes, last time I used Airpass, the allowance was the same as for D class from Australia to Europe (was actually mini RTW that year)...
Old Sep 4, 2017, 4:00 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Star European AirPass was discontinued in late June 2017!
Old Sep 5, 2017, 3:18 am

On 29 June 2017 to be precise. http://www.staralliance.com/en/airpa...rope%20Airpass
Old Sep 6, 2017, 5:56 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
Star European AirPass was discontinued in late June 2017!
This is no surprise. Member airlines in Europe have all priced their lowest fares well below Airpass level due to increasing LCC competition. My guess is so few people were using Airpass which were hard to ticket anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.