Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

JNX or PAS to YHZ on AC/Aegean

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2017, 10:58 am
Original Poster

I'm trying to book a ticket from Paxos (or Naxos) to YHZ for July 15 and I'm running into all sorts of problems. Aegean has daily flights to ATH from either of these islands. Departing from ATH I can connect through YUL or YYZ to reach YHZ on AC.

Paros and Naxos aren't on the Air Canada website as destinations and YHZ isn't listed on Aegean's site. The Olympic Air website doesn't help either. It's like their routes aren't fully integrated in the Star Alliance network yet.

When I try a third party site I get all sorts of crazy routing with a minimum of three stops and prices are through the roof.

On Aegean's site I can book a ticket from Paros to Athens and then I can book a separate ticket on AC for Athens to Halifax via YUL/YYZ at a reasonable fare. But I'd rather travel on one ticket.

Any suggestions?
Old Mar 21, 2017, 9:04 am

Have you tried calling A3? You may even save the 20€ fee, given that YHZ is not listed (provided, of course, that they issue the ticket).
Old Mar 21, 2017, 5:41 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gacomeau
But I'd rather travel on one ticket.
If you do buy it as 2 separate tickets you'll most likely be able to interline baggage, as Star Alliance members all interline with other star alliance members even on separate tickets.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 8:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by zeer0
If you do buy it as 2 separate tickets you'll most likely be able to interline baggage, as Star Alliance members all interline with other star alliance members even on separate tickets.
They can interline bags. That does not mean they will.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
Of course, but A3 never refused to check my bag all the way through when booked on a *A flight, even on a different ticket (based on tens of flights).
Old Mar 21, 2017, 9:01 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by zeer0
But then OP will not be protected against misconnection...

Originally Posted by sbm12
Exactly. I don't know why people always bring up interline agreements. Those agreements are for same tickets, otherwise it is at will only...
Old Mar 22, 2017, 11:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The one-way through fare for PAS-YHZ is only selling in Y at $3000+. There is a slightly cheaper option with a connection in LON that splits the fare there (PAS-LON+LON-YHZ) but it is not much better.

But a one-way fare from ATH-YHZ is cheap (with stops) and so is PAS-ATH that day. The problem is that the cheap ATH-YHZ fare does not permit end-on-end so you cannot combine it on a single ticket to get the overall cheap rate. Either pay the higher price or take the separate tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.