Wiki Posts
Search

RTW Rules: Invol rerouting

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2001, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
RTW Rules: Invol rerouting

Anyone know the small print on involuntary reroutings for a *A RTW? Due to the Ansett failure I need to change my ticket. This will take me 4000 miles over the limit (flying from Japan to Australia and back via AKL instead of direct). AC (who issued the ticket) want to charge me the difference between a Star 1 and 2. Surely this is not necessary...but does anyone know chapter and verse?
Old Sep 17, 2001, 11:38 am

Programs: CX Diamond, HH Diamond, A-Club Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Shangri-la Jade, Intercon Gold Ambassador
Good luck getting AC to bend the rules on RTW ticketing!

In my expereince the RTW pricing desk at AC goes by the book.
Old Sep 17, 2001, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the support! I suspect you are right and that is what I am trying to find out: what is the "book" on involuntary reroutings? Anyone know?
Old Sep 17, 2001, 11:40 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I have the same problem with UA withdrawing its HKG-DEL-LHR flights. My ticket is with BD. Last night they told me they wouldn't put me in LH F class (I have a C ticket), even though this was the only seat available on the date. They won't let me expand my mileage and it took me nearly an hour to get this out of them.
At 9am I am calling the Fare Desk to sort it out!
I'll keep you posted.

------------------
Yes, I'm standing for TalkBoard too!
Old Sep 18, 2001, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Just got a call from AC and they will rebook me on NZ despite the extra mileage with no penalty. The only thing is that I will have to buy a ticket from BNE to SYD myself, but I can live with that. So, I would call this a satisfactory outcome.
Old Sep 18, 2001, 7:39 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
Markie

Was the withdrawl of HKG-DEL-LHR planned before last week? Also, is the whole route being withdrawn or just HKG-DEL? They have made a big play about LHR-DEL and it would look bad if they dropped it so soon after starting.
Old Sep 19, 2001, 12:05 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
The whole route LHR-DEL-HKG is going, but was schedule to happen at the end of October. It's gone now and I get the impression that ORD-DEL (the planned replacement), might be never start.

BD were next to useless - I had to tell them which flights I wanted and they have to wait 24 hours for confirmation.

I'm flying HKG-BKK-DEL-FRA-LHR - 20+ hours flying! At least I snagged the last LH upgrade from DEL-FRA so will get some sleep.
Old Sep 19, 2001, 8:04 am

Programs: AA-CK, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I checked on UAL.com and the nonstop ORD to DEL is not available as far as I checked which was into Feb of next year. So it appears that the planned launch is a non starter!

Ooops went to March and it started showing availability. A lot can change between now and then though.

[This message has been edited by MikeFly (edited 09-19-2001).]
Old Sep 23, 2001, 6:06 am

UA announced the ORD-DEL was not proceeding. There is no DEL service on UA metal at all. UA therefore no longer offers its recent true RTW on one carrier metal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.