Search

FRA & LHR terminals

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2017, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: United-GOLD, AA
FRA & LHR terminals

Hello Everyone,
Traveling FRA-BCN: connecting with Lufthansa from UA. What FRA section is UA in, what section in Lufthansa in? I know they are just one floor away in the same FRA terminal.
Traveling LIS-LHR on Tap Air, connecting with UA in LHR. Are they in the same terminals (I assume they are) and where is UA from TAP? How long a walk?

many thanks
Old Feb 1, 2017, 3:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by pbh220
Hello Everyone,
Traveling FRA-BCN: connecting with Lufthansa from UA. What FRA section is UA in, what section in Lufthansa in? I know they are just one floor away in the same FRA terminal.
Traveling LIS-LHR on Tap Air, connecting with UA in LHR. Are they in the same terminals (I assume they are) and where is UA from TAP? How long a walk?

many thanks
No one is "floor away" in FRA. UA and LH are in T1 http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...on-thread.html and http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...?highlight=LHR
With regard to LHR, UA and TP are both in T2. And yes, there's a fair bit of walking http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...?highlight=LHR
Old Feb 1, 2017, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United-GOLD, AA
Thank you for the warning. Unfortunately your urls link to ancient posts from 2009-2011--not applicable to this query.

Hoping to find out how to find the actual section (A/Z) that UA departs from in FRA T1.

Similarly what section (A/Z) does UA depart from in LHR T2?

Flyer Talk folks advise to follow signage in FRA (vs trying to make sense of FRA). So if I can get the departure section letter of each airline, that might be slightly less stressful.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 7:39 pm

The FRA thread was indeed started many years ago, but that is not the problem: the latest posts are just a couple of days old. The real problem with both of these threads are that they are so huge that especially for the beginner it's impossible to retrieve the info needed, unless one reads something that reminds one of War and Peace (size-wise): FT's search capabilities are not that sophisticated.

@Mods: any ideas on how to improve the values of this thread?
Old Feb 1, 2017, 10:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by pbh220
Thank you for the warning. Unfortunately your urls link to ancient posts from 2009-2011--not applicable to this query.

Hoping to find out how to find the actual section (A/Z) that UA departs from in FRA T1.

Similarly what section (A/Z) does UA depart from in LHR T2?

Flyer Talk folks advise to follow signage in FRA (vs trying to make sense of FRA). So if I can get the departure section letter of each airline, that might be slightly less stressful.
If you chose to actually look at what I linked to you would find I did NOT give you information from 2009-2011
This is a long thread that has lots of relevant information if you choose to actually pay attention to what it contains.
The information you are looking for is not hard to find. Do a flight status for your LH flight to/from its destination and look at the departure/arrival gate number and then look at the arrival/departure information for the UA flight. Follow the instructions in the Wiki of the FRA thread and you can easily figure it out. This is not hard.
Also, why do you keep asking the same questions over and over again?
You asked the LHR connection question back in October 2016
And in 2015 you asked a similar LHR connection question in which you didn't want to accept the information you received.
And you asked a question also in October 2016 about connecting in FRA and MUC. Why do you need to ask again?
There's a pattern here: you keep asking the same questions and you don't pay attention to the information provided

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; Feb 2, 2017 at 6:39 am Reason: corrected to "asking" from "answering"
Old Feb 2, 2017, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
What info are you trying to ascertain? Which lounges to use? Are you in need of mobility assistance?

LHR you'll probably do a bit of walking. I would imagine LIS-LHR will arrive in the main T2 area and you're UA flight will depart from the section that includes the walk under the tarmac (15-20min with travelators).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.