Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Star Gold and Air India, few questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Gold and Air India, few questions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2017, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold
Question Star Gold and Air India, few questions

I have Star Gold (thru Gold status with UA MileagePlus). I just booked a pair of RT tickets on Air India for ORD-DEL-AMD and made sure to include my FF number on my ticket. I can’t find anything definitive on their site that shows AI will
recognize and allow the status and the benefits that come with it.
• Is there anything else I can do to ensure the Star Gold benefits are allowed by AI, such as additional baggage allowance? I don’t want to have to fight with the counter agents about this, given what I’ve heard about AI’s CS.
• My wife does not have any status but I booked the ticket under my reservation. Can she also take part in Gold Track if available, priority boarding, priority security/immigration, etc?
• Are there any discounts to upgrades to Exit seats or anything for AI with * Gold? All I see are “Chargeable Seats” but they don’t explain what they are, just that they would be $50.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 9:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Chutney
I have Star Gold (thru Gold status with UA MileagePlus). I just booked a pair of RT tickets on Air India for ORD-DEL-AMD and made sure to include my FF number on my ticket. I can’t find anything definitive on their site that shows AI will
recognize and allow the status and the benefits that come with it.
• Is there anything else I can do to ensure the Star Gold benefits are allowed by AI, such as additional baggage allowance? I don’t want to have to fight with the counter agents about this, given what I’ve heard about AI’s CS.
• My wife does not have any status but I booked the ticket under my reservation. Can she also take part in Gold Track if available, priority boarding, priority security/immigration, etc?
• Are there any discounts to upgrades to Exit seats or anything for AI with * Gold? All I see are “Chargeable Seats” but they don’t explain what they are, just that they would be $50.
If you've added your UA number, then the AI computer system should recognize it. Bring your UA MP card or phone app to check-in just in case;
Yes, and yes. And No. There are no immigration benefits for *G.
No. There are no discounts or free upgrades to the next class of service. You might get lucky with an open seat beside you in Y but don't count on it.
And if you search "Air India" in the UA forum you'll several recent threads on AI, including this one

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; Jan 20, 2017 at 9:08 pm Reason: added thread link

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.