Wiki Posts
Search

Baggage Allowance HELP!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2017, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Smile Baggage Allowance HELP!

Hello,

I will be traveling from India to USA on Air India/Lufthansa booked through United.

MAA-BOM: AI (Business)
BOM-FRA: Lufthansa (First)
FRA-IAD: Lufthansa (First)

I booked my ticket using United miles at united.com and I'm very confused as to what the baggage allowance would be.

Lufthansa first class intercontinental is 3 pcs/32 KGS each, will I be allowed to carry that?

Thank you very much!!
Old Jan 16, 2017, 8:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This ticket is governed by US law as it terminates in the US.

The baggage allowance of the marketing carrier of the first segment of the ticket will apply to the entire ticket.

The marketing carrier here is UA and thus UA's allowance for international J will apply. That would be 2 pcs/32 KGS each. But, if you are *G, you will have an additional one piece waiver outside of the US requirement and that will bring you to the 3 pcs/32 KGS, so same thing.

To save time, this should be shown on your e-ticket receipt and you can also plug this information into UA's baggage calculator with your UA PNR:

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/tra...edBaggage.aspx
Old Jan 16, 2017, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
This ticket is governed by US law as it terminates in the US.

The baggage allowance of the marketing carrier of the first segment of the ticket will apply to the entire ticket.

The marketing carrier here is UA and thus UA's allowance for international J will apply. That would be 2 pcs/32 KGS each. But, if you are *G, you will have an additional one piece waiver outside of the US requirement and that will bring you to the 3 pcs/32 KGS, so same thing.

To save time, this should be shown on your e-ticket receipt and you can also plug this information into UA's baggage calculator with your UA PNR:

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/tra...edBaggage.aspx
Thank you for your reply! how would I know whether it is J or G?
Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:25 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by varsh
Thank you for your reply! how would I know whether it is J or G?
*G is not booking class - it would mean that you have gold status with Star Alliance...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.