Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance needs your opinion: Brand Perception Study : Part 1 [CLOSED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2016, 6:26 am
Company Representative
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance

Dear FlyerTalkers,

as we are interested in how you view our brand and other global brands, we would appreciate if you could spend 2-3 minutes to complete our survey and let us know your perception of aviation and non-aviation brands.
As we know that most of you are frequent flyers and you show your loyalty to many different airlines and alliances, we would like to emphasise that this survey is open for all forum members, whether you are a frequent traveler with any alliance/airline.

https://x1.rogator.de/html/survey.ht..._brand2&ref=FT

Thank you in advance for taking the time to complete this survey.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 7:37 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Just to confirm that this is an official survey which has been approved for launch in FT.
I hope we'll take the chance to comment.

Markie - Moderator
Old Dec 2, 2016, 9:33 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Taken.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 9:55 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
heh heh

I got a fair way into the survey (at the bottom of the window it said '72% completed') when suddenly I hit a brick wall. The question said 'Please pick from this list the 5 attributes you most associate with airline alliances/airlines.' It insisted that I had to pick exactly five, from a list of 16. The problem is that they are all 'loaded', i.e., highly favourable toward the alliances! There was only one that I could honestly give!

So much for that trick.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 5:24 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by henry999
heh heh

I got a fair way into the survey (at the bottom of the window it said '72% completed') when suddenly I hit a brick wall. The question said 'Please pick from this list the 5 attributes you most associate with airline alliances/airlines.' It insisted that I had to pick exactly five, from a list of 16. The problem is that they are all 'loaded', i.e., highly favourable toward the alliances! There was only one that I could honestly give!

So much for that trick.
Just pick any five and select none (of the alliances have these attributes) in the next screen.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 2:36 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Very badly designed survey... My 3rd year university students would not get that approved...
Old Dec 3, 2016, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Done. Agree it was poorly thought through. It reminded me of a post on FT yesterday in the UA section by a UA flyer who asked, genuinely, "what is a star alliance?" The idea that Star Alliance has a credible brand is absurd. It has almost no standards and no requirements - it's just a disparate group of companies (some with high standards, some with low standards) doing what they want to do.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 7:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by vbroucek
Very badly designed survey... My 3rd year university students would not get that approved...
+1 Being forced to pick 5 positive attributes about alliances in order to continue was especially poor form.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 10:22 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
Star alliance survey

Star alliance survey- I completed the survey, and at the end it asked me to login. However I never signed up for any group, and when I try to sign in with an email, it told me the email wasn't recognized. So I don't know if they tabulated the results of my survey.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 4:42 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I just did the survey and got this at the end:

View Screen Capture

No need to log in to anything.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
I answered but I just think Star Alliance does not have enough cooperation so the brand doesn't mean anything. A *G status in OZ means very few for UA or any other *A carrier, at least in flight.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 6:35 am

Programs: LH FT, AA Plat
"Which of these words do you associate with Star Alliance" and shows a list full of compliments? Sorry, those weren't the first 50 words that came to my mind.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:38 am
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
Originally Posted by moondog
+1 Being forced to pick 5 positive attributes about alliances in order to continue was especially poor form.
Yup, esp. when those 5 attributes don't really apply
Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:02 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, UA LT Gold, Hertz PC, 5 MM+ miles
I was ok with picking the five they gave in order to get to the rest of the survey. That said, none were what I thought were especially applicable. Later, they allowed a broader range of choices. Some I would have included: Indifferent, inconsistent, standard, mediocre, unpredictable, passive, helpful, reliable, and words like that.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:51 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
It's disappointing that this was an official survey. Being subjected to this bad of a survey and actually knowing *A is behind it...well, it only makes me think less of the *A "brand".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.