Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Which option would you choose?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which option would you choose?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2016, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by Duke787

To me the true ideal would be going the other way but that would require space on NH/OZ/BR to open up for the TPAC.
Not really from Miami. Availability of that many seats is more likely from JFK or LAX on OZ's A380 flights. You'd be looking at either a EWR/JFK connection on your own or a connecting flight to LAX. Even if you did manage to get one of the gateways with a direct flight (IAH, ORD, or IAD), you still have a very poor business class seat from NRT or ICN to BKK which is approximately a 6 hour flight.

I think the OP has the right idea going via Europe. I'd be torn as to which to chose, only because I would like to fly LX, but the double connection in Schengen is undesirable. TK is easy in IST and the Fast Track lane never takes me more than 10-15 minutes to clear security. If the OP could get OS or LX for both long haul flights without switching carriers, that would probably tip the scales toward that for myself personally, but the TK lounge is very well equipped to keep kids entertained.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 10:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by dvs7310
you still have a very poor business class seat from NRT or ICN to BKK which is approximately a 6 hour flight.
TG and NH both fly lie flats NRT-BKK . . . TG on the 380, NH on the 788. OZ sometimes flies the 380 to BKK, but that's hit or miss and agreed the OZ 330 has a crappy J seat.

The routing par excellence here would be the all 380 F itinerary LH/TG MIA-FRA-BKK.

But of course this discussion is now totally off track from OP's question.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.