Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Where to complain about LH handling of TP flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2016, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat

Despite feeling to be "in the know" on travel matters, I had a problem at Lufthansa check-in yesterday for a flight to LIS.

Myself and the wife both hold *G cards from Aegean. We had TAP tickets of the "Classic" type which allow 1 checked bag each. So, with gold cards up to 2 bags each.

The LH check-in agent was convinced, and if I am honest direct to a point of being impolite, that the *G cards make no difference for TAP. She was not swayed by my TAP ETicket which clearly stated 2 bags per person, nor by the fact that on my online check-in I had already stated that we would have a total of 3 bags. She refused the check-in until we paid for the "extra" bag.

Obviously, we would not accept that and just let her check 2 bags, then whizzed off to the LH First check-in where knowledgeable staff had no problems to add the bag the first agent refused.

It's this kind of ignorance of the star alliance rules as well as arrogance about being correct that often irks me about LH agents. I already avoid LH wherever possible but get stuck because others use them as ground agents. Now, where do I complain ?
Old Nov 21, 2016, 9:34 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
To TAP who is using LH as their contract agent agent.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 9:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
Now, where do I complain ?
I think you just did

Seriously, I'd let this go. You ultimately got the benefit. It's not worth pursuing further.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.