Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

China's Juneyao Airlines to join Star Alliance group in 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

China's Juneyao Airlines to join Star Alliance group in 2017

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:19 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
Official joining date coming next month, HO has signed interline agreement with 5 Star members (minimum requirement is 3) with more to come before the end of the year. Hopefully this will lead to better connection arrangement at PVG.
Hopefully one of those is United, because their website loves spitting out 5 hour connections through Shanghai on Juneyao to Southeast Asia.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 9:09 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by zeer0
Hopefully one of those is United, because their website loves spitting out 5 hour connections through Shanghai on Juneyao to Southeast Asia.
I was looking at flight schedules to Xi'an on UA's web site and since the UA n/s return to SFO was not available on the day I wanted to come back, UA offered a connection on Juneyao through PVG to LAX.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 10:27 am

How solid is the plan of Juneyao to provide partner connections to Star Alliance? Will it be really official next month? I sincerely hope United will start including Irkutsk (IKT) as one of its destinations, using Juneyao flights from Shanghai (PVG). These flights are picked up by Google Flights, but United cannot confirm them, and the Juneyao sites offer only limited and inconsistent information (looks like available on the Chinese site, but not on the English site). The only way to contact Juneyao from the US is to call a Chinese number and it will likely be in Chinese .
Old May 14, 2017, 8:36 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
any idea when this will actually start? seems to be delayed??
Old May 15, 2017, 10:03 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
any idea when this will actually start? seems to be delayed??
It will be before month end for sure.
Old May 17, 2017, 8:13 am

The date is May 23, 2017!
Old May 22, 2017, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

UA announced the earning chart: https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mar...spx?ItemId=716 effective 23 May.

Now, who else might be good candidate as Connecting Partner? UNI Air (B7), for example?
Old May 24, 2017, 1:14 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Uni, Silk, Thai Smile, Eurowings, Air India Express. All the in house LCC's would be good.
Old May 25, 2017, 6:40 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
I received this email from SQ's Kris Flyer today:

Enjoy KrisFlyer benefits with Juneyao Airlines, Star Alliance's first connecting partner
We are pleased to introduce even more ways to earn and redeem your KrisFlyer miles, as we welcome Juneyao Airlines as the first Star Alliance Connecting Partner.

As a KrisFlyer member, you can now earn KrisFlyer miles on eligible fares when you travel on Juneyao Airlines-operated flights. You will also be able to redeem your KrisFlyer miles for flights on Juneyao Airlines*.

For more information, please visit krisflyer.com.

We thank you for your support, and look forward to welcoming you on board soon.

Yours sincerely,
Old May 25, 2017, 9:51 pm

We now know with each of HO's FFP agreement with the initial 5 Star members, some don't count towards status.

AC, UA, SQ: both miles and status
BR, CA: miles only

None of them will count towards tier of HO's own FFP Juneyao Air Club. Of course Juneyao Air Club Gold is also not Star Gold.

It says Star Gold benefits are only available on direct connecting flights on HO services with a Star member on the same ticket. It's unclear what how it defines "direct". Is it within 24 hours at the same airport? It's also unclear if eligible connecting flights on HO will get you in lounges operated by Star members, such as TG, SQ, UA's lounge when connecting to HO's service out of HKG. And how do lounge staff determine whether your flight is a connecting one or not. Do you show them your connecting flight boarding pass and Star Gold card? At the moment it's also difficult to have HO flight issued on the same ticket as a full Star member flight.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA
Anyone with flight experience? I was going to purchase a separate ticket and wanted to know if I would get *G benefits. Some texts say that the ticket has to connect to another *A flight while some don't mention it.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
Anyone with flight experience? I was going to purchase a separate ticket and wanted to know if I would get *G benefits. Some texts say that the ticket has to connect to another *A flight while some don't mention it.
Has to be connected to a *A flight on same PNR, per everything I've seen on this.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA
Has to be connected to a *A flight on same PNR, per everything I've seen on this.
What about lounge access?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
What about lounge access?
It's the same for any *G benefits, including lounge. Same PNR as *A flight required. However, I am going off of the written rules. Perhaps in reality the rules are a little less tight.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 11:03 pm

Programs: UA MP (Plat)
I was on a flight at the weekend with LAX-PVG on UA (Polaris), connecting PVG-XIY on HO (first). Smooth enough except for weather delay (which is common at this season in Shanghai). My Mileage Plus number appeared automatically on the HO boarding pass and I got the mileage credit a few days later. So the two seem to be integrated OK. Ticket was issued by UA.

HO uses the same terminal as UA at PVG which was better than having to haul myself and my bags over to T1.

HO lounge, service etc. unexceptional but OK, much like the other China domestics. They did reschedule the flight after initial booking to insert a couple of hours of extra layover which was not great. In the event the weather delay was the only negative.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.