Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Any way to transfer SATA "miles" to A3??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2016, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold

Just on the off chance that there is a way, ...

I expect to fly with SATA LIS-PDL (return) in December to visit with my sons over their Christmas break. I know I can apply SATA flight miles to the TAP ff system and that TAP is a *A member. But ....

Is there a way to transfer those miles from the TAP ff system to my A3 Miles and Bonus membership?

Fingers crossed Otherwise it may be that spending more money and flying TAP between LIS and PDL will be the only way to transfer miles to Miles and Bonus.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 5:59 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
NOPE - there is no way of transferring "points/miles" from one FFP to another FFP.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

Oh well, I guess I will book with TAP instead of with SATA and then when I do the booking use my A3 ff number to get direct transfer of the miles.

Fewer flights between LIS and PDL with TAP and less convenience and more waiting at airports, but at least I get the miles to help maintain *G. But then as the saying goes: Nothing is free.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 5:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Make sure it is a flight operated by TP and not a codeshare on the SATA flight. Also check the fare classes and earning rates. There's a decent chance you'll inconvenience yourself for minimal FF credit. Some days it is worth ignoring the points and booking the trip you actually want to take.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
Make sure it is a flight operated by TP and not a codeshare on the SATA flight. Also check the fare classes and earning rates. There's a decent chance you'll inconvenience yourself for minimal FF credit. Some days it is worth ignoring the points and booking the trip you actually want to take.
Point very well taken. While I fly "strategically" to maintain status with both of my ff programs, sometimes it just makes sense to take convenient flights.

Last night I checked how many "miles" I will need to maintain *G with A# and I'll have a lot more than the 12K they need, so that will improve flexibility with flying times.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 12:20 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Having a TP account is quite useful, especially if you fly EK and want to earn miles that are redeemable on *A flights. @:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.