Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

EVA Waitlist on *A Redemption

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2016, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Anyone has experience on when EVA might clear a waitlist for a *A redemption ticket?

I booked my parents on a J class *A redemption ticket using KF miles for departure mid Dec, more than 3 months out. One sector KIX-TPE is operated by EVA and my dad is waitlisted to be on the same flight as my mom. Am worried whether the waitlist will clear as Dec is a holiday season and how long should I wait before I explore other routings to book for KIX-TPE.

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 23, 2016, 9:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Typically wait-listing for a partner award isn't really a thing. Good luck.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I'm surprised if KF accepts to waitlist you for a partner award.

Anyway, I have no idea if/when BR clear the waitlist. They may not clear it for an partner award to KF if BR expects to be able to sell the seat as revenue.

I would look for a better and more safe option despite the inconvenience of not being able to travel on the same flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.