Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Best star alliance lounge in CDG?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2016, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium

Hello everyone,
I have never travelled out of CDG with United and wanted to see what's the best lounge I can go to on Saturday. I'm in businessfirst but also star gold.
I more interested in the one that businessfirst can get into since my family is also on businessfirst but I cannot take them all into say a senator lounge. Thanks
Old Jun 23, 2016, 7:45 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
If you are flying on UA out of CDG you should be flying out of Terminal 1. You would have access to the Star Alliance lounge. The LH lounges are past the security for the gates LH uses, which are unlikely to be your gates. (Terminal 1 is quirky, as you will see when you get there.) So the Star Alliance lounge is likely your only real option. That said, it is pretty good, if a little crowded, and has a good breakfast. There is also a Priority Pass lounge on the floor below, if you have that. But it is not quite as good as the Star Alliance lounge, and often much more crowded.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium
Thanks that helps a lot! How about the maple leaf? Is that close and accessible?
As for LH, I don't dig their business lounge and I can't go to the senator since it is the three of us. So those not being close is not a problem
Old Jun 23, 2016, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Bruin1K
Thanks that helps a lot! How about the maple leaf? Is that close and accessible?
As for LH, I don't dig their business lounge and I can't go to the senator since it is the three of us. So those not being close is not a problem
They fly out of T2, so no.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 6:53 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
You mentioned you haven't traveled out of CDG previously... keep in mind that you will not have as much time in the lounge at CDG as elsewhere, because security is screened at the gate, and it's a zoo. Even with a fast pass, you will want to be at the gate an hour prior to flight time, and even then, you're going to feel nervous about making the flight. It's almost worse if somehow you get through quickly; you won't be nervous about making the flight, but the gate area is dreadful. Uncomfortable seating, windows that seem designed to heat up the area making you feel like you're slowly cooking to death. OK, maybe it's not quite that bad, but make sure you're hydrated.

Regarding the lounges specifically, there's no reason to avoid the Star Alliance lounge. It's actually quite nice, and if you have time (and need it), they have showers. You ask for a buzzer-thingee when you enter the lounge (if you would like a shower). If you're concerned it would be anything like a United Club, don't worry, it's not. Good food, good drink selection. Yes, it can get crowded during that early-morning rush when flights are leaving to everywhere. It quiets down when the ORD folk exit, so around 10:15 or so I think.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 1:48 pm

Flying BA out of terminal 2, I have access to star lounge via priority pass.

How hard is it to make the trek from T1 to T2 BA gates?
Old Nov 28, 2017, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by michaelpowell44
flying ba out of terminal 2, i have access to star lounge via priority pass.

How hard is it to make the trek from t1 to t2 ba gates?
don't do it!
Old Nov 29, 2017, 6:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

How hard is it to make the trek from T1 to T2 BA gates?
Very. Not worth it for a lounge.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

CDG airport is a dump!
Old Nov 30, 2017, 8:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
CDG airport is a dump!
Depends on the terminal. Also, not at all relevant to the discussion at hand.
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbm12
Depends on the terminal. Also, not at all relevant to the discussion at hand.
Agreed, but the whole changing terminals etc and going in circles just frustrates you especially if you have a disability like me.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 8:08 am

Didn't go for it.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Didn't go for it.
Good thinking
Old Mar 5, 2018, 9:23 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
just on this-
i am flying lufthansa to frankfurt from cdg-is that the other terminal ?
meaning hard to get to this lounge?
is the lufthansa lounge not worth going to?
thanks
Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:13 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
just on this-
i am flying lufthansa to frankfurt from cdg-is that the other terminal ?
meaning hard to get to this lounge?
is the lufthansa lounge not worth going to?
thanks
Here's a review of the Lufthansa lounge. You'll be in T1, and from the looks of the review, the *A lounge is likely nicer. I've not been to the Lufthansa lounge, the but *A is actually quite nice, with decent food & drink offerings. It's nothing like the *A lounge in Istanbul, but better than any United Club by far, and in the upper middle of the various International lounges I've visited the past 10 years or so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.