Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Best use of 60,000 miles within South America?

Old Jun 13, 2016, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles&More ; A3*G

Hello to everybody!

I was not sure on "where" to post this message and I ended up writing it here. I hope I am in the right section of FlyerTalk Forums.

I have a couple of questions.

The first is:

I am a StarGold and have little more than 60,000 Star Alliance miles on my account with Aegean (A3). I am based in GRU (Sao Paulo, Brazil). I would like to spend these miles in the best possible way for 2 round trip tickets (me and my wife) here in South America.

For now, I found an interesting flight from GRU to SCL (Santiago - Chile) but I am open to better or more interesting proposals/locations.

Second question is:

I used a tool offered by Copa to look for possibilities to redeem miles (here is the link: https://bookings.copaair.com/CMGS/Ai...=CMRED&lang=en) and I found a direct flight GRU-SCL. The tool say: TOTAL: 25,000 miles + $67.24 for each roundtrip ticket but, looking at details, the flight is operated by GOL (G3) that is not a member of Star Alliance.... so... is it a system error or I will be able to redeem Star Alliance miles with GOL too?

Thanks for you help!
Old Jun 13, 2016, 11:52 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
There is no such thing as star alliance points. You have Miles+Bonus points with A3 and can redeem via their program within the rules and award chart of that program.

G3 is a partner of Copa which allows for redemption via their program but is not a partner of A3.

Your A3 partners available are Avianca (different divisions) to various places within Brazil and such nonstop destinations such as BOG, LIM. On CM to PTY & on TK to EZE.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Miles&More ; A3*G
Thank you for your answers and especially for clarifying point 2.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.