Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Four things that make United Airlines different - not better

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four things that make United Airlines different - not better

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2016, 8:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, TAP Gold
Originally Posted by JHake10
I dread getting on Asian carries that are stuffy with no air vents. Had that recently on a CX flight. I was sweating for the whole flight, not a great experience.
My husband and I were the only ones in F on a CX flight last year and it was so hot that we had to actually ask the FA to turn the cabin temp down, which they actually did! I was so surprised...I feel like if you asked this of any US carrier, the FA would be like...I can ask the captain, but we're not sure if we can do this
Old Aug 6, 2016, 11:35 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
It makes sense the noise level has been worse during the last fifteen years, since 9/11; "In the years after 2001, the headlines scrolling across the bottom of CNN and Fox News screens began changing from the catastrophic to the mundane." It's probably also fair to say the temperature has dropped over the last thirty years, likely due to increased overweight of passengers; "In 2002, CRTL quoted a British ergonomics firm that provided data on human hip sizes worldwide. The result? Yep, the United States ranked first (20.6 inches)."

http://archive.azcentral.com/thingstodo/events/articles/2011/09/10/20110910news-crawl-911-attacks-fox-ticker.html
http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/columnist/mcgee/2014/09/24/airplane-reclining-seat-pitch-width/16105491/
Old Aug 15, 2016, 1:56 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold,
Cabin temp twlk

Before any premium flight on a long-haul non-Gasper (that's what those air vents are called BTW) flight, I will always ask to see the purser and ask them to bring the cabin temp to 20 or lower. If necessary I will ask again before sleep time. I won't ever sweat on board a flight and am not afraid to confront ridiculous FAs about it.

-G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.