Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Which Premium Economy is better - BR or SQ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2016, 10:43 am
Original Poster

For a transpacific trip (West Coast - Singapore) I need to choose between BR & SQ for their respective premium economy cabins.

Most important for me is seat comfort followed by the quality of food & drink served on board.

Which of the two would you recommend?
Old Jul 9, 2016, 10:34 am
Original Poster

SK or LH

I have a similar question for a transatlantic flight - which carrier offers the better premium economy product - LH or SK?
Old Jul 18, 2016, 10:24 am

I had ever travelled both BR and SQ on the premium economy, Regonal route, the seats configurations on board are identical, the amenities on SQ are modern and fancy but I personally rated the BR ahead of SQ in terms of comfort.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 3:27 am

Programs: BRK-B
SQ is more expensive and not *Gold friendly
Old Jul 21, 2016, 11:36 am

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Originally Posted by Noppasit
SQ is more expensive and not *Gold friendly
What benefits would you get flying as *G on BR PE that you wouldn't get flying SQ PE?
Old Jul 21, 2016, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by chisquared
What benefits would you get flying as *G on BR PE that you wouldn't get flying SQ PE?
Probably referring to the known stinginess of SQ when it comes to op-ups, and the silverkris gold ghetto in SIN.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 8:56 pm

Programs: United 100K, Etihad Gold, Marriot Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SchrottFly
I have a similar question for a transatlantic flight - which carrier offers the better premium economy product - LH or SK?
Thats a tough call and both have their pro's and cons.

SAS: What I liked was that they had a dedicated cabin for the premium economy, and I felt like their seat was a little more comfy, although the space seemed like a little bit smaller. I remember liking the entertainment a little more that lufthansa. Also if you are connecting to somewhere else in europe they'll put you up in the "first class" which ain't much but they'll give you food and you will have lots of room. I remember eating a weird salmon potatoe salad thing that was pretty good.

What I didn't like: The connection in Copenhagen sucked, there was a huge line at customs and once through there was pretty much nothing except for a small deli. The service in normal SAS economy looked spectacularly crappy if you got downgraded for some reason, I don't think they even had free food. In PE they were cranking through the little bottles of wine, and lots of coffee.

LH: I thought the service was really good, the food was meh but they kept me full of liqour, and flight attendants were more attractive.

Main things I don't like is the price is pretty high compared to SAS, and some of the seats on the 747 can be awkward. The front row means you might have people standing in front of you waiting for the bathroom. Connection experience in Munich is great and frankfurt is getting better.

Also check out LOT if you are going east, I like them slightly better than either SAS or LH but can be out of the way if you are heading to western europe.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:49 am
jbb

Programs: SQ *Gold
Originally Posted by malmostoso
Probably referring to the known stinginess of SQ when it comes to op-ups, and the silverkris gold ghetto in SIN.
"silverkris gold ghetto in SIN"

HAHA, love it. So true.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.