Where to credit OS P fare

Old May 21, 2016, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
Where to credit OS P fare

Will be flying ORD-VIE-HKG and back in discounted business, fare class P. So far, best I could find for crediting would be to SQ, which yields 125% miles flown.

Any other *A airlines to consider?
Old May 21, 2016, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

www.wheretocredit.com/os

Is no use crediting miles to a ffp that you may never get enough to use before they expire.
100% in a ffp that you can use is better than 200% in ffp you will not use
Old May 21, 2016, 5:34 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
www.wheretocredit.com/os

Is no use crediting miles to a ffp that you may never get enough to use before they expire.
100% in a ffp that you can use is better than 200% in ffp you will not use
+1

AFAIK, OS does not fly to HKG (actually, there is no direct VIE-HKG flight), so you need to factor in the codeshare too...

Last edited by vbroucek; May 21, 2016 at 5:45 pm
Old May 21, 2016, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

It's a new flight (booked for early 2017), hence the introductory sale price for biz. Was posted in mileage runs / premium fare deals.
Old May 22, 2016, 3:01 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by kamadzu4
It's a new flight (booked for early 2017), hence the introductory sale price for biz. Was posted in mileage runs / premium fare deals.
Oh, OK. Didn't expect you to ask so early... I can now see OS67...

The answer is still the same... It's better to have 100% in the FFP you have other miles in than having 150% in another one... After all, those flight do not earn too much anyway...
Old May 22, 2016, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

I have transfer access to SQ via Citi Thank You points (and have already redeemed SQ suites awards). But I recently read about being able to get nearly all the way to elite status from one long *A biz itinerary (via Aegean).

So SQ?
Old May 22, 2016, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
Where do you live, what places do you go to, what airlines serve those routes? Having status on a random airline doesn't do you much good if you never fly that airline.
Old May 26, 2016, 3:33 am

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, BD Gold, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by kamadzu4
I have transfer access to SQ via Citi Thank You points (and have already redeemed SQ suites awards). But I recently read about being able to get nearly all the way to elite status from one long *A biz itinerary (via Aegean).

So SQ?
Frankly speaking, whether status matter will depend on your travel style. If you are mostly in business class anyway, *Gold will not add that much value of a regular operation. Of course in irregular operations, there might be some slight benefits.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.