Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Switching FF number after check-in (TAP Couldn't do it!)

Switching FF number after check-in (TAP Couldn't do it!)

Old Apr 23, 2016, 1:20 pm
MMM
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+ *A GOLD, TAM OW Sapphire
Unhappy Switching FF number after check-in (TAP Couldn't do it!)

A couple of days ago, I flew from Porto Alegre (POA)-Brazil to Sao Paulo(GRU) with GOL (G3). And then connected with TAP-Portugal to Porto (OPO). All sectors are in the same ticket issued by TAP. I included during the reservation my Turkish(TK) *GOLD number as usual. I faced the following problem and got very frustrated:

In Porto Alegre, the girl at the GOL checkin counter asked me if I had a GOL Smiles card. I said yes, and also said that I had already inserted the TK card during the reservation and that I wanted the credits for the long haul flight to over to the TK account. She said "no problem" GOL number will be used only in the domestic sector. So I gave her my number and she inserted it, and checked my in all the way to OPO. During my flight to Sao Paulo, I noticed that the sector GRU-OPO also showed the GOL number in the BoardingPass. ....! I had a few hours in Sao Paulo and went straight to the TAP counter to change it. To my total surprise the girl there could NOT do it, saying that my journey had already started and therefore it was not possible anymore to change the FFlyer number and my credits will go to GOL. After lots of arguments I eventually gave up loaded with frustration.

So, I couple of questions to the experts:

1) Is this a TAP thing or you really cannot change the FFLyer number after you have flown the first sector in a multiple sector/flights journey?

2) On my return , in a few days time, when I do a NEW check-in, do you think I will then be able to insert my TK card on the reservation/boarding pass ?

Any further advice on this issue ?

Thanks much

MMM
Old Apr 26, 2016, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by MMM
1) Is this a TAP thing or you really cannot change the FFLyer number after you have flown the first sector in a multiple sector/flights journey?
I think it's a "girl thing" rather than a TAP one, and next time ask to see the supervisor.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 6:34 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Would the TAP flight earn anything in the GOL programme?

If not, you should be able to simply retro-claim the segment to TK later on..
Old Apr 27, 2016, 7:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Check what FFP is entered in your PNR using checkmytrip.com. In Amadeus Altea (which TP uses) that entry usually beats everything, irregardless what is done in the DCS.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.