Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Protection segment - ticket with 2 pnr

Old Apr 4, 2016, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

I've just booked a ticket through an online travel agency. The itineray is connects 2 flights from 2 different star alliance partners. I go 2 pnr one per airline. The second ticket states "protection segment" and mention the origin of my flight with a different date. Could anybody explain if the tickets are connected or if I miss the flight I will have to rebook my ticket? What about the luggage? Any idea?

Thank you in advance for your support
Old Apr 4, 2016, 11:31 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

This topic is a better "fit" for the Star Alliance forum than for TalkBoard Topics, so we will move your query there.

JDiver, Moderator
Old Apr 4, 2016, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JDiver
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

This topic is a better "fit" for the Star Alliance forum than for TalkBoard Topics, so we will move your query there.

JDiver, Moderator
Thank you! Sorry for the incorrect posting. I hope somebody can provide an answer
Old Apr 4, 2016, 2:07 pm

Could you share what airlines we're talking about here and on what routing? Many airlines have incompatible IT systems so it's normal to have different PNRs in the same reservation, in order to retrieve the booking on the systems of all the airlines involved.

Basically what's important is that you have one and only one e-ticket number. If you have more than one, then you can start worrying.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
PNR's are unimportant. What is important is the number of tickets.

However, nobody here can answer your question without exact details. What carriers, what route and are you on one or two tickets (ignore PNR's).
Old Apr 4, 2016, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by malmostoso
Could you share what airlines we're talking about here and on what routing? Many airlines have incompatible IT systems so it's normal to have different PNRs in the same reservation, in order to retrieve the booking on the systems of all the airlines involved.

Basically what's important is that you have one and only one e-ticket number. If you have more than one, then you can start worrying.
Originally Posted by Often1
PNR's are unimportant. What is important is the number of tickets.

However, nobody here can answer your question without exact details. What carriers, what route and are you on one or two tickets (ignore PNR's).

Hi I have 2 ticket numbers 1 for Swiss and 1 for Aegean. In the swiss ticket (second ticket) is written protection segment and the origin of my flight. I don't understand why did they sell it that way...

Last edited by Pinxo; Apr 4, 2016 at 2:32 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.