Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance lounge Amsterdam AMS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance lounge Amsterdam AMS

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2017, 3:39 pm

Unfortunately no arrival lounge access in AMS for *G. Also, I believe the KLM lounge is only available when departing on LO, I believe all other Star carriers use the Aspire lounges in AMS.
Old May 20, 2017, 6:04 am

Programs: TK*G, AB G ;), HH D
The star website is wrong. There is no klm (or any lounge for that matter) lounge in the location that the star website says. LO uses the same miserable lounge upstairs that the rest of *A airlines use.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 2:13 am

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
I'm sitting in the lounge right now. An African woman is changing her baby on the table over to the side, meager food, questionable cleanliness. This is maybe half a step up from sitting at the gate, depending on where the woman puts the used diaper. I'll withhold final judgement a while longer.

I do like the SQ lady in the back guarding the roped off section that Singapore has reserved. She nearly went a***** on some some German dude who insisted he could sit there since he was top tier on some *A airline.

I wonder if they'll charge me .50 to use the bathroom in a bit? Is ketchup .60 here too?

Last edited by Markie; Jul 24, 2017 at 9:07 pm Reason: remove swearing
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Karl Gustav Annus
The star website is wrong. There is no klm (or any lounge for that matter) lounge in the location that the star website says. LO uses the same miserable lounge upstairs that the rest of *A airlines use.
If true, this is a change from a couple years ago. When I flew LO out of AMS they used 100% KLM services from checkin through departure, including access to the KLM lounge. This was flying LO business class.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 3:09 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by milepig
If true, this is a change from a couple years ago. When I flew LO out of AMS they used 100% KLM services from checkin through departure, including access to the KLM lounge. This was flying LO business class.
KLM check in?? How about those coveted orange priority tags? I don't think Skyteam's are the same color.😂
Old Jan 31, 2018, 5:27 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH SEN, DL PM
*G + UA flight departing Gate D* the supposed lounge is the Lounge 41 ?
Old Jan 31, 2018, 7:17 am

Yep, that's it. Have a happy walk.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Star Alliance branded lounge opening in AMS in 2019

...according to this from Business Traveller:

https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...e-fco-airport/
Attached Images  
Old Jun 30, 2018, 8:07 am

The new lounge won't be of any use to passengers on international flights, since it will be on the Schengen side.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 9:20 pm

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by catocony
The new lounge won't be of any use to passengers on international flights, since it will be on the Schengen side.
Not for long haul or UK flights you mean. Schengen is of course international and most Star Alliance flights out of AMS are to Schengen countries, so this makes perfect sense.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by catocony
There are only international flights at AMS - there are no domestic services!
Old Jul 2, 2018, 5:20 am

Good news, judging from current *A lounges this should be quite an upgrade from the Aspire lounge used by most Star carriers today. Does anyone have any info on the exact location at AMS? Can't think of any places on the Schengen side of the airport where there's room for an additional lounge..
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:00 pm

So, for NON-SCHENGEN flights, the new lounge will be of no use.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 5:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
BUMP... what’s the current situation for *A lounges in AMS for non-schengen flights?
Old Oct 12, 2018, 5:43 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Same as before, nothing has changed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.