Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Enter lounge without card?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2015, 11:48 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
O6 being new to the *A party may throw a spanner in the works here, since their FFP database may not be linked to the *A system yet...
Old Dec 20, 2015, 1:11 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K
Originally Posted by hydrogen
AC generally doesn't need the card. Always have given my BP with *G designation and they just scan the BP.
Has something changed? That's not been my experience in Toronto or Montreal
Old Dec 22, 2015, 8:25 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by HadesNL
In FRA AC lounge warden's are very friendly so i wouldn't expect any problems.

I do like to give my LH F bp and LH SEN card together and they jokingly said when are you bringing two extra guests in?
Just out of curiosity, if you are traveling in LH F, why not use the FCT or the LH F lounges? Or am I missing something here?

Another question: what's the guest policy for someone travelling in J, with *G status ~ 1 guest or 2 guests?
Old Dec 22, 2015, 9:39 am

might be lounge dependent but ive always been able to bring at least 1 w *G
Old Dec 22, 2015, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990

Another question: what's the guest policy for someone travelling in J, with *G status ~ 1 guest or 2 guests?
Travelling in J does not give you any guests, so only one guest as *G.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 4:56 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
Just out of curiosity, if you are traveling in LH F, why not use the FCT or the LH F lounges? Or am I missing something here?

I actually like to walk around the terminal before a longhaul flight otherwise i won't get any proper excersize for a while, i usually stop by the AC lounge to read their (english) magazines and then continue onwards to the FCL B.

Lounge acces for star alliance(carriers) own operated lounges (only thoseas designated star alliance gold lounges) - guest policy:
C: no guest
C plus * gold card: 1 guest
F: 1 guest
F plus * gold card: 2 guests (this varies wildly though: with kids/elderly ok but taking both my brothers together was denied several times, stating 1 guest only, or must be on same flight only, lounge capacity control issues. (Could be that one of them is a 1world fanboy so maybe they didn't like the look on his face

Last edited by HadesNL; Dec 30, 2015 at 6:52 pm
Old Jan 4, 2016, 2:28 pm

Long time lurker (thank you!), first time poster. I'm in a similar situation where I just hit E50K for the first time. I was in the sweep on January 4 and the site shows me as gold. However, I don't have the card yet.

Provided that my boarding pass has *G, will my spouse and I be able to use the TK lounge at IST? My spouse has no status.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 2:14 am

UPDATE: in the lounge right now. Just showed my *G boarding pass and good to go.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:40 am

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Got in in SN lounge in BRU and AC lounge in YUL without my card, no problem at all.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Was surprised to be asked for my Star Gold card when accessing the LH lounge in Munich this weekend.

I had to dig around in my bag for a bit, but was able to find it.

BP showed *G status as expected.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:26 am

Programs: *A Gold, QF (ex-QP), AA, TG, A3 Gold, VA, SQ
The Star Alliance Reference Guide is clear. Only one form of proof of *G status is required ...

"Star Alliance Gold (SAG) customers travelling in any class

Star Alliance Gold customers have access to any member airline lounge that displays the Star Alliance Gold logo. Customers will need to present a boarding pass for a Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport. If the boarding pass does not carry the Star Alliance Gold indicator, the customer will need also to show a valid Star Alliance Gold card. Customers are entitled to a maximum of one guest. Restrictions apply for United MileagePlus Star Alliance Gold customers wishing to access United Clubs within the U.S. "

http://rg.starallianceemployees.com/lounge-access.html
https://portal.staralliance.com/cms/..._FINAL_web.pdf
Old Sep 24, 2017, 11:15 pm

Programs: LH SEN; CZ GOLD; CC Concierge; SPG PLAT
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Was surprised to be asked for my Star Gold card when accessing the LH lounge in Munich this weekend.

I had to dig around in my bag for a bit, but was able to find it.

BP showed *G status as expected.
Not a surprise, as LH SEN, VIE OS lounge always asking my LH card (w/ LH SEN status on BP)...
Old Sep 25, 2017, 12:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by goodeats21
I had to show my card somewhere in Europe recently. Forget where. Maybe it was MUC. Maybe VIE.

But LX let me into the ZRH SEN lounge last time just based on BP.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am always asked for my card at the FRA Sen lounge at the B Gates. Never need it at any other LH FRA lounge!
Old Oct 16, 2017, 2:40 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Didn't need OZ *G card last time accessing LH lounges in FRA terminal A a few months ago. In fact, I accidentally stopped at the Business lounge, and after scanning my BP, the attendant proactively reminded me I could go to the Senator lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.