Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access for *G

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2016, 7:44 pm

Or rarely need to show my card in these days, since my status is printed on my ticket... This especially holds true for UA Club.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 10:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I have not shown my physical card in over three years, whether or not my *G status is noted on my BP. Never been turned away from well over 100 lounges.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 1:36 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by cosmith
Has anyone been successful in accessing a lounge without a physical card, particularly Air Canada's lounges? I can screen shot my digital card that clearly shows the airline code, my name, and gold status.
Most of the time the boarding pass showing your *G status is sufficient.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 5:00 am

Ironically was asked to produce my *G card today at the SQ lounge in HKG when flying with AC.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 1:32 pm

An AC representative told me that my status is being reflected in the reservation system and that *G should be printed on my boarding pass and suffice for proof at the lounge.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 6:21 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
I had SQ ask me in Perth and Air China in Beijing for my card for lounge entry. As I had the card it was not a problem.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 1:34 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Does the Turkish Airlines CIP Lounge ask for plastic cards or is *G on your bp enough?
Old Feb 5, 2016, 2:25 am

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Most of the time the boarding pass showing your *G status is sufficient.
What if I have no status with the program that I am crediting to but have *G with another airline? And the airline that I am *G no longer gives out a physical card?

For instance, I am flying NH(no status), crediting to UA(no status), but *G with OZ (which no longer gives out a physical card). In this case my *G won't be shown on the Bp.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by LAX/HKG
What if I have no status with the program that I am crediting to but have *G with another airline? And the airline that I am *G no longer gives out a physical card?

For instance, I am flying NH(no status), crediting to UA(no status), but *G with OZ (which no longer gives out a physical card). In this case my *G won't be shown on the Bp.
Kind of puzzling if you have achieved OZ/Gold by flying and they don't send out a plastic card. Just print out your OZ account statement and ask the lounge dragon to enter the number into the computer. If they still ask for a plastic card tell them that OZ no longer issues plastic cards and if you can find it in writing that OZ does not give cards, show that to them as well.

Also, do you have OZ Gold (Star Silver) or OZ Diamond or higher. It's more understandable if they do not send out cards for *S members.

Last edited by miamiflyer8; Feb 5, 2016 at 2:59 am Reason: Added advice
Old Feb 5, 2016, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by LAX/HKG

If you go here http://goo.gl/VlKWu1, scroll down. If you haven't received a card, try calling them.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Does the Turkish Airlines CIP Lounge ask for plastic cards or is *G on your bp enough?
Turkish Airlines CIP lounge is one of the lounges NOT to worry about.

If you've *G printed on your boarding pass, you can use the automatic boarding card reader and you're in. If you use another airlines FFP to credit, and/or have a guest, the lounge attendants will "link" your (or your guests) boarding pass with the "door opening allowance". Never had a problem of being denied access in such case. Physical card only need to be shown when you want to use anothers FFP Gold status that they can't see on your boarding card (ie, if you guest someone else while having *G printed on your BP, just both boarding passes will do)
Old Feb 5, 2016, 6:13 am

Programs: *A Gold, QF (ex-QP), AA, TG, A3 Gold, VA, SQ
The multiple ways in which *G status can be proven for the purposes of lounge access are clearly outlined in the *A regulations:
http://rg.starallianceemployees.com/lounge-access.html

Star Alliance Gold (SAG) customers travelling in any class

Customers have access to any Star Alliance member carriers' owned lounges with the Star Alliance Gold logo at the entrance. To gain access:

The customer must present a boarding pass for travel on a Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport;
The customer must present proof of SAG-level status. This is indicated on the boarding pass by XX*G, where XX is the carrier code of the carrier with whom the customer has SAG-level status. If the boarding pass does not show this, but the customer can prove Star Alliance Gold status via valid frequent flyer programme SAG-level card, access must be granted. In cases where the customer does not have the physical card, another valid indication of SAG-level status can be accepted.
Where a discrepancy exists between the loyalty status levels displayed on the frequent flyer programme card, boarding pass, other document presented and/or the Star Alliancem Premium Customer Database, the highest displayed level will be honoured. Example: boarding pass shows xx*S (xx = airline code *S=Star Alliance Silver), but customer presents a valid FFP card showing the Star Alliance Gold logo, customer must be given access to the lounge.

Always consult your supervisor or airline representative before turning away a customer.

If necessary, carry a PDF copy of the *A regulations:
https://portal.staralliance.com/empl...eference-guide
Old Feb 5, 2016, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Turkish Airlines CIP lounge is one of the lounges NOT to worry about.

If you've *G printed on your boarding pass, you can use the automatic boarding card reader and you're in. If you use another airlines FFP to credit, and/or have a guest, the lounge attendants will "link" your (or your guests) boarding pass with the "door opening allowance". Never had a problem of being denied access in such case. Physical card only need to be shown when you want to use anothers FFP Gold status that they can't see on your boarding card (ie, if you guest someone else while having *G printed on your BP, just both boarding passes will do)
What about using multiple Star Gold memberships? I am traveling with my family, my dad has two Star Gold cards and I have one. We are five travellers.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 6:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

What about using multiple Star Gold memberships? I am traveling with my family, my dad has two Star Gold cards and I have one. We are five travellers.
Not gonna work. You do not get to stack memberships that way to increase access.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Kind of puzzling if you have achieved OZ/Gold by flying and they don't send out a plastic card. Just print out your OZ account statement and ask the lounge dragon to enter the number into the computer. If they still ask for a plastic card tell them that OZ no longer issues plastic cards and if you can find it in writing that OZ does not give cards, show that to them as well.

Also, do you have OZ Gold (Star Silver) or OZ Diamond or higher. It's more understandable if they do not send out cards for *S members.
I am OZ Diamond, and therefore *G.

It has been well discussed that OZ will no longer issue a physical card.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asian...ship-card.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.