Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Achieving Star Alliance Gold in 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Achieving Star Alliance Gold in 2015

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2015, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Smile Achieving Star Alliance Gold in 2015

So I have a customer hell bent on Gold Status before he takes his LX RTW I booked for him. He has mentioned purchasing miles with his A3 Miles + Bonus card, but I have told him they are not Tier Miles. Then apparently Avianca sells Tier miles. Anyone an expert in this? What the best way to Get Gold quickly and most cost effective?

Thanks in Advance.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 12:58 am

There is a thread floating about which says that Avianca is downright selling *G for about 2000€. A3 lets you buy some 2000 tier miles, but no more than that, so unless your client is willing to gather 40+k miles butt-in-seat, it's not happening.

If the RTW is in a premium cabin, *G is pretty much useless btw. If your client already has status with another airline, a match with TK or Avianca Brazil is also possible (search FT).

P.S.: Welcome to FT platinumwings!
Old Nov 14, 2015, 8:26 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
A3 allows you to buy up to 2000 tier miles for Gold Status, 1000 tier miles for Silver and no tier miles for base member.

To start from no status to Gold in A3, you will need to get 72k tier miles from any *A partners or 36k tier miles with 6 A3/OA flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.