Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Avianca Brazil Amigo Star Alliance Gold Status Match

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avianca Brazil Amigo Star Alliance Gold Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2016, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by cosmith
Has anyone received a physical membership card?
I was matched at the end of November. No physiscal card received yet.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Used this for the first time today after having to buy a last minute UA ticket thanks to AA.

Added it straight onto the reservation when I purchased the ticket. The *G showed up on both the mobile boarding pass AND the physical printed one.

However at the EWR UC they tried to deny me twice (left for Starbucks and came back with different agents at the desk upon return) saying I wasn't eligible until I pushed them on it being *G on a non-US (read not UA) carrier. Both times they ultimately relented and said they would just manually enter it and I'd be fine.

So I'm pleased since it's clear it works for UC domestic access but I'm not pleased that it wasn't automatic despite being listed on the BP.

I didn't bother trying to change the FFP since it's a short flight so not giving up too much mileage wise and I didn't want to bother with the hassle. Next time I'll just attempt to leave my SQ or UA number on the ticket and bring the printed out card and see if I can get in with that.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 12:52 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by glanzi
I was matched at the end of November. No physiscal card received yet.
It's the obscure rule of 5 segments before receiving plastic card instead of the usual one transaction. Usually statusmatched elites do receive a plastic card.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
It's the obscure rule of 5 segments before receiving plastic card instead of the usual one transaction. Usually statusmatched elites do receive a plastic card.
Do you know if it's 5 segments with Avianca Brazil flights or just 5 segments with any Star Alliance Airline?

Thanks
Old Jan 20, 2016, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by glanzi
Do you know if it's 5 segments with Avianca Brazil flights or just 5 segments with any Star Alliance Airline?

Thanks
It's gotta be Star Alliance segments. It gets too restrictive otherwise.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 5:24 am

Programs: Oneworld sapphire (IB)
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Nice match...

No, it is bound to go wrong and miles to end up in wrong account. Just show your O6 card at the lounge and you will be fine. If no O6 card yet then print an account statement clearly showing your O6 status - should work also.

I must say I also did that trick in the past and it worked. Flying UA, Using TK gold for advantages and crediting to A3 ( as their status challenge was on then). I worked partially around it however:

I also checked in with A3 card and only showed ad priority check and lounge my TK card. Within the lounge I would get my macbook air out and return the A3 number back in my booking ( if changed at lounge entrance).

I will try the same thing next week when I fly UA, O6 gold advantages but like to credited to A3
Old Jan 23, 2016, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by michael9
I must say I also did that trick in the past and it worked. Flying UA, Using TK gold for advantages and crediting to A3 ( as their status challenge was on then). I worked partially around it however:

I also checked in with A3 card and only showed ad priority check and lounge my TK card. Within the lounge I would get my macbook air out and return the A3 number back in my booking ( if changed at lounge entrance).

I will try the same thing next week when I fly UA, O6 gold advantages but like to credited to A3
AFAIK you can no longer change your FFP on a UA ticket online once you check-in (which presumably you'd have to do to get the ticket in the first place).

If there is another way I'd love to know but I was unable to do so last week after using Avianca on the ticket to get into the lounge
Old Feb 3, 2016, 10:09 am

Has anyone yet received a physical card? Does anyone know if calling helps? Also, does the call center understand English or Spanish because my Portuguese is rusty?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 3:40 pm

Programs: QF Gold (OW Sapphire), O6*G
Has anyone yet received a physical card? Does anyone know if calling helps? Also, does the call center understand English or Spanish because my Portuguese is rusty?
Nope. I've sent a couple of emails, including in what I hope is reasonably well translated Portuguese - but not reply, and no card.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 3:22 am

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Got the following answer:

With regard to your request, we inform that your physical card will be sent as soon as possible. So, we would like to remind you that is really important to confirm your address; you can also do it directly into your account, through our web site: www.avianca.com.br, doing your login, and selecting the option: "Edit Profile".

Best regards,

Ana Paula Belisario
Programa Amigo

4004-4040 (Principais Cidades)
0300-789-8160 (Demais Localidades)
Old Feb 4, 2016, 9:11 pm

Programs: QF Gold (OW Sapphire), O6*G
Got an email reply:

In response to your e-mail, please note that your Gold Card will be sent soon.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 1:24 am

I called them. I was on hold for the english line for a good 5 minutes. I called again but this time the Spanish menu, The call got automatically cut. I tried one last time with the Portuguese version which worked. I understand as much to navigate the phone dialing menu. I got connected to an agent in Portuguese and I loudly and clearly said in Spanish "I need to talk to someone from the AMIGO program in Spanish". She replied in Portuguese with "One moment please". I eventually got an agent who spoke some Spanish and was very helpful. I told her that I had trips with SAS and Turkish Airlines and needed a plastic card for lounge access. She was very helpful and got the job done. The whole process took about 30 minutes.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I called them. I was on hold for the english line for a good 5 minutes. I called again but this time the Spanish menu, The call got automatically cut. I tried one last time with the Portuguese version which worked. I understand as much to navigate the phone dialing menu. I got connected to an agent in Portuguese and I loudly and clearly said in Spanish "I need to talk to someone from the AMIGO program in Spanish". She replied in Portuguese with "One moment please". I eventually got an agent who spoke some Spanish and was very helpful. I told her that I had trips with SAS and Turkish Airlines and needed a plastic card for lounge access. She was very helpful and got the job done. The whole process took about 30 minutes.

Did they tell you when they will send the card?
Old Feb 6, 2016, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by Mict
Did they tell you when they will send the card?
Well, she said she understood my issue and it will arrive in about two weeks.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
The edit profile does not work:
avianca_customer is temporarily unavailable.

I want to correct my address in Canada but the system will not allow me to. I had called and was told that they will mail the card to me. I forgot at that point to correct my address.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.