Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Avianca Brazil Amigo Star Alliance Gold Status Match

Avianca Brazil Amigo Star Alliance Gold Status Match

Old Nov 29, 2015, 5:05 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Did nobody read the website where it says the following right underneath the temporary card? Isn't this the answer to our questions (you don't get it until you fly 5 flights)? If I'm missing something please tell me, I would like a physical card as well.

You can use this card until you complete your fifth flight.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 7:50 am

That's what it said before upgrade to your new status too and airlines usually waive the 'you must fly x amount of times' requirement for getting a plastic for status matched cards.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
Did nobody read the website where it says the following right underneath the temporary card? Isn't this the answer to our questions (you don't get it until you fly 5 flights)? If I'm missing something please tell me, I would like a physical card as well.
I noticed that as well but assume it was meant only for the base member card and that they'll send a physical card for Gold or Diamond status. Out of all the status matches I've seen before (both Hotel and Airline), the only one that I recall who doesn't send a card until you credit a flight is TK. (I've never used the TK one but that's what I recall reading in the thread)
Old Nov 30, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Just received email that I had a card upgrade to Gold. Checked my account and saw Gold status till 31/03/2017.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I sent an email today but didn't get the automatic reply, should I be worried?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 1:31 pm

Programs: O6 GOLD, SPG GOLD
Used Amigo Gold last wednesday to get access to United Club at Seattle, I was told that I was the first person there to use Amigo gold to get access.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 5:11 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by romania2007
Used Amigo Gold last wednesday to get access to United Club at Seattle, I was told that I was the first person there to use Amigo gold to get access.
I see you're a Gold collector.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 3:21 pm

Programs: O6 GOLD, SPG GOLD
Originally Posted by lcpteck
I see you're a Gold collector.
My iPhone is also gold

The reason is that I like to spread status rather than get the top one.

The gold status gets me the alliance top tier status resulting in wide range of lounge access.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 7:17 am

Hi guys,

im new to the avianca/amigo status match and I got some questions about it.

1.) I got matched to Diamond - will I receive a plastic card or should I use the print card? When I get a plastic - how long does it take to ship to me?

2.) I heard that some or almost all got problems to get the *G on your Ticket. Is that fixed or is there a tutorial to fix that? Because maybe you get some problems at the lounge without any *G on ticket or a real plastic card..

Thanks!!
Old Dec 3, 2015, 8:14 am

Programs: Avianca Brazil Diamond, Etihad Gold, Southwest CC Pass, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by langley
Hi guys,

im new to the avianca/amigo status match and I got some questions about it.

1.) I got matched to Diamond - will I receive a plastic card or should I use the print card? When I get a plastic - how long does it take to ship to me?

2.) I heard that some or almost all got problems to get the *G on your Ticket. Is that fixed or is there a tutorial to fix that? Because maybe you get some problems at the lounge without any *G on ticket or a real plastic card..

Thanks!!
1. No one has a physical card and according to website it requires 5 flights in order for them to ship out card.

2. No idea. You should be able to add your Amigo number to a reservation if its option on the website you are booking with. If already booked with UA you will probably have to wait until check-in to apply new Amigo number or call them. I haven't tested this but will in the coming months.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 9:13 am

LH didn't have any problems with displaying *G on my BP, they still wanted to see some sort of card for the lounge access. Print out from the webpage worked fine.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by bgriz18
1. No one has a physical card and according to website it requires 5 flights in order for them to ship out card.

2. No idea. You should be able to add your Amigo number to a reservation if its option on the website you are booking with. If already booked with UA you will probably have to wait until check-in to apply new Amigo number or call them. I haven't tested this but will in the coming months.
I heard this 5 flights requierement is only for the normal members + classic members card, but not for the gold / diamond.

Originally Posted by klausa
LH didn't have any problems with displaying *G on my BP, they still wanted to see some sort of card for the lounge access. Print out from the webpage worked fine.
hmm.. i will fly with SQ!

But did it show on your Ticket the Code O6 ?
Old Dec 3, 2015, 1:29 pm

Not sure what you're asking.

LH system (well, at least the reservation management part of it, the check-in not so much) "knows" about Amigo:

so I just selected the appropriate option, filled in my FF# and then this was on my BP:

Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:32 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by klausa
In the meantime I've started wondering how/if dangerous it would be to create a digital passbook card on my own. The *A elite card QR format is fairly obvious and I wouldn't technically be forging anything since I do genuinely hold the elite status, just don't have a physical card (yet?).

Thoughts?
Do you know a site where you can create custom passbook files?
Old Dec 4, 2015, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Do you know a site where you can create custom passbook files?
No, but I know how to read/write the format. The .pkpass files are just .zip archives with few .json files in them, it's very readable.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.