Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance Gold Track (new common *A branding for Premier security)

Star Alliance Gold Track (new common *A branding for Premier security)

Old Jun 9, 2016, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by enelym1978
I just used it at CPH airport on Monday. I had to double check that I could use it as I never really used the fast track security lanes.... The screen shows various programme members eligible such as SkyPriority for KLM, Air France and Delta but then, on a second page (on the LCD screen on top of the priority lane) there's a huge amount of FFP names and statuses eligible.

So I went through it, flying on LX with TK*G in Y class. Scanning the boarding pass didn't work... tried to then swipe my TK*G card and same, red light flashing.

Had to call the attendant who asked me to step out of that queue and she then opened her manual to find whether TK*G allowed access.... Took a few seconds, and she let me through another door that she manually opened. No queue at all, it went fast. Left me more time to roam the duty free shop

Looking back, it was not the newly labelled Gold Track access but just a regular fast track for premium class flyers or tier FFP members? It's not listed yet on the StarAlliance page yet.

Will be flying GVA-OPT this weekend... I'll see if OPT has it. GVA definitely not (yet?).
in CPH i don't recall having a *A Gold Track, only CPH Express for FFM (Star, OneWorld & SkyTeam only) There is also a SAS Fast track for GoldMembers but it's useless if you are travelling on other *carrier cause you won't get access no matter what, which basically sucks..
Old Jun 9, 2016, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by tockstew
Anybody know if this benefit means that I can bring along a colleague who is on the same flight but without status?
I Would like to know that too..Can I can bring a guest to the GoldTrack?
Old Jun 9, 2016, 3:50 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by aznhandles
I Would like to know that too..Can I can bring a guest to the GoldTrack?
You sure can!
Old Jun 9, 2016, 10:19 am

Programs: LH*S (FTL), OZ*G, Accor gold, HH Diamond
It depends from the airport and operating carrier. From my last bad experience:
- at WAW on LOT operating flights only M&M SEN and HON are entitled to use fast track with guest
- MXP *G only, no guests
Old Jun 10, 2016, 2:22 am

So from there you have to ask the carrier/airport if they will accept spouse/girlfriend/friend on the journey b4 hand in check-in..
Old Jun 10, 2016, 7:43 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Anyone have experience with guests (guest on a non *A flight, myself on a *A flight) in ZRH?

Admittedly the last time I was there they at no point checked whether I was *G: there are separate automated gates, but they feed into a common corridor, before splitting into normal and *G - no one checked after this split, but it was also an almost empty morning with maybe 3 people in front of me (although these were some very slow 3 people).
Old Jun 11, 2016, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by televisor
Anyone have experience with guests (guest on a non *A flight, myself on a *A flight) in ZRH?

Admittedly the last time I was there they at no point checked whether I was *G: there are separate automated gates, but they feed into a common corridor, before splitting into normal and *G - no one checked after this split, but it was also an almost empty morning with maybe 3 people in front of me (although these were some very slow 3 people).
It's been a little while since I've actually gone through security at ZRH (rather than just transiting), but back when I used to do it frequently there was usually someone checking boarding passes, although not usually very carefully.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 6:54 am

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
LHR allows no guests using a NZ *G card in Gold Track security. NZ apparently hasn't paid for that service.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 8:17 pm

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
This post and the different experiences just confirm what Star stands for - Marketing and big words but no commonalities; everybody does what they like. I wonder when these CEOs wake up and realize that together they might have a chance against the ME3 but not alone!
Old Jun 11, 2016, 10:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb., A3 *G, QF Plat
Just went through WAW Gold Track and check-in agent literally said, "If you want to take your wife through just pray theres a nice agent at the Gold Track desk". Walked up, and with my most innocent looks asked if my wife could come through Gold Track. Agent reluctantly agreed, but damn, without it wife and I would be stuck in a loooong que this morning. Also LHR always let me take a guest, AMS last week seemed to have some sort of third party who were quite aggressive telling me to either enter alone or go line up with my wife in the long normal security line. Overall variable experiences :s
Old Jun 12, 2016, 3:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb., A3 *G, QF Plat
Originally Posted by televisor

I went through Zurich several times last week, *G goldtrack/priority gates in Schengen side were completely automated and no manned personnel. The automated system let me through when I scanned my boarding pass and my wife just scanned her bp after me at the same terminal and it let her through too, she had tried to scan through an adjacent gate to mine and it initially blocked her until she tried the gate I went through. I assume the system allows a guest/+1 immediately after you at the same gate if you scan through with a *G boarding pass. Not sure how it would work with non *A flight guests though.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 6:23 am

In ZRH at peak hours, after passing the boarding pass scanners, there is often some personnel in the common corridor checking the boarding passes if you are taking the right queue just in front of the security scanners.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 2:33 am

Programs: LH/*A Gold, BA/OW Emerald, EK Silver, SPG Plat, HH Gold
LH is not paying at many airports for this service. So I wonder if this will change due to this announcements.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 1:22 pm

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Originally Posted by libertyuk
LHR allows no guests using a NZ *G card in Gold Track security. NZ apparently hasn't paid for that service.
That's odd. I'm pretty sure the person manning the desk at the LHR Gold Track has never bothered to check which *A FFP my *G status is with. (There are also automatic gates, but they only work with a J/F boarding pass.)
Old Sep 8, 2016, 12:54 pm

Programs: Lufthansa SEN, FB Gold, BA Silver
My most recent experience:

OTP - no fast track at all
AMS - *Gold only, no guest - apparently to busy so guests are no longer allowed.
LAX - fast track available but still quite a cue
LHR T2 - Best example of how it should be

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.