Wiki Posts
Search

RTW Mileage credits on UA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2015, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Plat

I'm planning a *A RTW trip starting in Washington DC. Using the *A booking engine on the web leads to a LH-issued ticket. I called UA and got them to price a UA (016) ticket for the same routing, which is $300 more expensive. To understand whether it is worth it, I'm trying to figure out the difference in UA miles between a UA-issued and LH-issued ticket. PQMs are clear, but what about award miles? Q: If it is a UA RTW ticket, you get the max 75,000 award miles (based on the cost of the ticket and my Platinum status), but how are UA award miles calculated for a LH-issued RTW ticket? (The business class--Z and D--ticket has UA legs plus AI, SQ, TK, and LH flights). Thanks!

Last edited by dkamerow; Sep 1, 2015 at 12:55 pm Reason: left something out
Old Sep 1, 2015, 4:50 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC

The RTW ticket will not be treated any differently than any other round-trip ticket involving various *A carriers. If it's issued on 016 stock you can expect the 75,000 miles you are looking for and the whole ticket will count towards PQD, but if it's issued on 220 or any other ticket stock the award miles for each non-UA flight will be based on the actual distance like in the old system and you would most likely end up with considerably less than 75,000 miles.

I wonder though about the $300 difference - is it exactly $300 or a bit less/more? This may possibly be a surcharge from SQ that the UA agent added that should not be there or the *A tool did not include it and should have. While there may be a difference in taxes from one carrier to another I would expect this to be considerably less than $300.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.