Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BOS-TLV in J

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2015, 2:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Madone59
LH does not operate Intl (flat bed) J to TLV just A321's
The only flat-bed seat I've been able to find from anywhere in Europe to TLV is on LX. Everyone else is 320s or 321s.

Originally Posted by Dieuwer
LX is out of the question, as it forces long layovers in ZRH arriving at 3 AM in TLV.
I don't know when the BOS flight arrives, but they also have a 9:45 flight that arrives 14:35. It may not be an option for you, but from YVR, we're gong to spend a day in Zurich on the way over to take advantage of this schedule.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
The only flat-bed seat I've been able to find from anywhere in Europe to TLV is on LX. Everyone else is 320s or 321s.
At least as *A is concerned, that's correct, though LX frequently swaps the 333 for a narrow-body which is rather mediocre.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 8:54 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
At least as *A is concerned, that's correct, though LX frequently swaps the 333 for a narrow-body which is rather mediocre.
I couldn't find any other airline in any alliance. I'll be very upset if they swap out the 340 - it's the only reason I booked LX.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I couldn't find any other airline in any alliance. I'll be very upset if they swap out the 340 - it's the only reason I booked LX.
BA has a once-daily flight LHR-TLV on a 777 and two daily flights on a 321 which feature proper (long-haul style) J seats.

LY offers a proper business class product on its 777 on LHR-TLV and sometimes CDG-TLV, though their J product is very outdated (but still much better than the intra-European "J" product on LH/OS/AF etc.)
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:45 pm

BA has a once-daily flight LHR-TLV on a 777 and two daily flights on a 321 which feature proper (long-haul style) J seats.
Thanks - I didn't see the 777, and I never imagined a 321 would have a lie-flat seat, so I discounted that one in my search.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 2:37 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Another vote for AC -no one has mentioned yet that this particular route is usually operated on a Dreamliner 787-8: so new planes, new seats...
Old Sep 6, 2015, 4:16 am
gby

I would go with AC, here is why

Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Planing a trip BOS-TLV in J. Which of the following options would you prefer/suggest:

AC via YYZ
LH via MUC or FRA
TK via IST

LH J on the BOS to MUC or FRA segment is wonderful BUT the J from MUC/FRA to TLV is VERY sub par. Seats are Y with the middle seat blocked.

Same story with TK on the leg to TLV at least for some of the flights.

Never flew J in AC, but if the J product matches LH its worth it just so the last segment will be a "real" J :-)

By the way, the BOS to TLV UA J product is not bad at all in my eyes. Yes, LH J BOS to FRA is better, but the experience does not extend all the way.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 9:23 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM

LY offers a proper business class product on its 777 on LHR-TLV and sometimes CDG-TLV, though their J product is very outdated (but still much better than the intra-European "J" product on LH/OS/AF etc.)
Iberia also offers a proper J service from MAD with recliner chairs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.