Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

The Worst * Alliance Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Worst * Alliance Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2016, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Worst I've been to is the Turkish Airlines INTL lounge at IST-Atatürk.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 8:16 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Worst I've been to is the Turkish Airlines INTL lounge at IST-Atatürk.
You don't get out much, eh?
Old Jul 14, 2016, 8:39 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
You don't get out much, eh?
Just kidding!

Actually one of the best I've been to.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 9:03 am

Programs: UA MP 1K
The United Club at LAX has to be in the running. It is very small with limited food and beverage offerings even for a United Club. It is crowded and the seems to attract people who believe that talking loud (on the phone or simply to other people) is their right. There is one bathroom for each gender but the men's room was closed for at least 15 minutes for cleaning when I was there on Saturday. It was more comfortable and less annoying to sit at the gate.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by euslaner
The United Club at LAX has to be in the running. It is very small with limited food and beverage offerings even for a United Club. It is crowded and the seems to attract people who believe that talking loud (on the phone or simply to other people) is their right. There is one bathroom for each gender but the men's room was closed for at least 15 minutes for cleaning when I was there on Saturday. It was more comfortable and less annoying to sit at the gate.
Are you talking about the terminal level one under construction to become a 2-3 floor space or the upstairs (old GFL) mid-terminal UC?
Old Jul 21, 2016, 3:25 am

Programs: BRK-B
KrisFlyer Gold Lounge at SIN.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 2:32 am
jbb

Programs: SQ *Gold
In my recent travels over the past few years I'd have to say the most disappointing has been the United Club at EWR by C120. Its large but the decor is dated, the food options bare-bones and unless you order at the manned bar, all they have to drink is water in plastic cups. On the other hand, the new United Club at LHR T2 is one of the best *Gold lounges I've been to over the same time period.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 2:50 am
jbb

Programs: SQ *Gold
Originally Posted by Noppasit
KrisFlyer Gold Lounge at SIN.
I'm not sure its worse than some of the un-renovated, old domestic United Clubs in the US. But I agree it is disappointing and very annoying how SQ shunts off *Golds into a segregated, lower quality lounge away from its own J-class passengers which it sends to the much better Silverkris Lounge.

As an aside, the TG lounge at SIN in T1 is not great either and definitely one of the lower quality * lounges I've been to.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 5:17 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
In terms of "flagship", home base lounges, Ethiopian's ADD lounge probably gets the title of worst for Star carriers.
It was a bit over a year ago that I connected through ADD with my wife. On the one hand, I reminded myself "This is Africa; we didn't travel all this way to experience the same things we'd see elsewhere." It was dark, the wifi, as others noted, wasn't working much (if at all). It was part of a row of low "buildings" within the terminal, no different from a low-end strip mall sort of feel. The food and drink were good though.

I doubt I will ever see a *A lounge quite like ADD, but it wasn't going to ruin the day or anything. As I said, it's not home, but we didn't travel to see something just like home.

One of the stranger lounges was at CPT (Cape Town). Just a sectioned-off part of the terminal. Food and drink available, but not any sort of special seating or power, if I recall correctly. Beautiful tall windows showing the runways.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 8:50 pm

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Originally Posted by OFFlyer
Most UA lounges in the US. More of than not I do not even bother going. No real food, poor selection of drinks - or you have to order (and "pay") at the bar - and ambience is just terrible

Admiral's Lounge at LAX makes you pay for all bottle drinks. Only one beer a mediocre one on draft was free.

great brownies though!
Old Sep 11, 2016, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by OFFlyer
Most UA lounges in the US. More of than not I do not even bother going. No real food, poor selection of drinks - or you have to order (and "pay") at the bar - and ambience is just terrible
+1 though AirChina lounge @CTU was pretty weak. All the lounges at LOS are pretty mediocre too except for the Star beer.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 12:46 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by euromannn
Admiral's Lounge at LAX makes you pay for all bottle drinks. Only one beer a mediocre one on draft was free.

great brownies though!
All domestic clubs do this.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky

One of the stranger lounges was at CPT (Cape Town). Just a sectioned-off part of the terminal. Food and drink available, but not any sort of special seating or power, if I recall correctly. Beautiful tall windows showing the runways.
Not sure when you visited CPT but in Jan 16, it was in the terminal and perfectly ok. Decent drinks, adequate food, clean loos and excellent views of the runway.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 7:20 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Worst ever I have to say after my recent experience has to be the United Clubs x2 at EWR In terms of poor food poor amenities and so overcrowded that you have to leave and sit in a restaurant if u want any food or drink or sumwhere to sit or the possibility to charge your phone
Old Sep 16, 2016, 5:31 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
PTY, COPA. For an airline that is trying to be Icelandair/Emirates in connecting traffic, their hub lounge is absolute trash. Feels like UA 2010.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.