Turkish Long Haul

Old Jun 26, 2015, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Free agent
Turkish Long Haul

I'm a relative newbie on booking Star Alliance and have a trip coming up next week to Istanbul. I remember when looking for awards last year Turkish was relatively available on their US flights, now I'm not seeing anything. I know it's summer, but do I need to bother even looking or have they tightened up their long haul availability? All of their US hubs would work for me, trying to prevent the added connection of FRA or MUC. This would be in business class, two tickets.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 8:10 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Good luck. I don't think you'll get on a non stop.

There are 2 award tickets available for:
SFO-MUC-IST
SFO-FRA-IST
LAX-MUC-IST
LAX-MUC-IST (LH F available on the LAX-MUC leg)
NYC-FRA/ZRH/MUC/VIE-IST

No idea when you are coming back or what you hope to find.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 8:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jmail1
I know it's summer, but do I need to bother even looking or have they tightened up their long haul availability?
A week before departure and you're asking this question???

TK tends to release in batches long in advance. When it's gone, it's gone. They rarely release close in.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Turkish Long Haul

Yes I'm asking a week before, fortunately I was able to plan a last minute trip.

Last edited by jmail1; Jun 26, 2015 at 9:22 am
Old Jun 26, 2015, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Good luck. I don't think you'll get on a non stop.

There are 2 award tickets available for:
SFO-MUC-IST
SFO-FRA-IST
LAX-MUC-IST
LAX-MUC-IST (LH F available on the LAX-MUC leg)
NYC-FRA/ZRH/MUC/VIE-IST

No idea when you are coming back or what you hope to find.
Thanks for the response, I would be connecting from DFW but I wasn't counting on finding any flights from DFW to the connection point, I was just going to buy that portion on AA. My goal was to find IAH/ORD/JFK-IST, etc so I could go DFW-XXX-IST without going DFW-XXX-FRA/MUC/ZRH-IST. I already have DFW-ORD-FRA-IST booked on Lufthansa so just looking to improve on that with a direct if possible.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 9:29 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
On the 4th there is space to do DFW-FRA-IST but that means 12:45h connection in FRA which may defeat the purpose. But, you could also have a free day to enjoy in Frankfurt.

The award you are looking for is something people would grab months in advance.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
On the 4th there is space to do DFW-FRA-IST but that means 12:45h connection in FRA which may defeat the purpose. But, you could also have a free day to enjoy in Frankfurt.

The award you are looking for is something people would grab months in advance.
Thanks, the purpose of my question was to avoid the constant searching if it was futile. For example, I could search until I'm blue in the face and a last minute F award from LAX-SYD is NEVER going to open up last minute, but an F award on Cathay from LAX-HKG as a very well might open and it would be worth my time to keep plugging away searching. Sounds like if an award on Turkish isn't available now it's not going to be available next week either.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 7:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jmail1
Thanks, the purpose of my question was to avoid the constant searching if it was futile. For example, I could search until I'm blue in the face and a last minute F award from LAX-SYD is NEVER going to open up last minute, but an F award on Cathay from LAX-HKG as a very well might open and it would be worth my time to keep plugging away searching. Sounds like if an award on Turkish isn't available now it's not going to be available next week either.
Your question was "have they tightened up their long haul availability"?

The answer is, "no, they have not."
Old Jun 26, 2015, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kacee
Your question was "have they tightened up their long haul availability"?

The answer is, "no, they have not."
Wow, I didn't realize I was being graded. I apologize for my rudimentary writing skills. Thanks for coming back to coach me after I tried to clarify my original question.

I used the search function and Google before I posted, I attempted to find anyone commenting about how Turkish releases space and I failed to find anything.

Last edited by jmail1; Jun 26, 2015 at 8:51 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.