Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Air China flight operated by El-Al

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air China flight operated by El-Al

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2015, 12:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by m.y
You got credit for Alaska flight due to Original Mileage Credit, i.e. you booked on UA, but due to delay or cancelation, UA had to put you on someone else, but you can request and earn the miles you would have gotten as if you had flown your original UA flight. In this case, you could earn miles on Alaska programs too.

But this is totally different than if you go out and book an Alaska flight on your own, even on UA ticket, which is the case for OP.

As others have said gruimed has 0 chance to get miles. You cannot even earn on Air China's Phoenix miles as El-Al is not a partner.
With a CA flight number, I'd be willing to bet you can earn CA points (just like CA code shares on CX/KA).
Old Jun 24, 2015, 2:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by moondog
With a CA flight number, I'd be willing to bet you can earn CA points (just like CA code shares on CX/KA).
I'd strongly suspect the same. That's typically the case, you can get miles on the marketing carrier's FFP but not partners of the marketing carrier if the operating carrier is off-alliance.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 6:25 am
m.y

Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by moondog
CX/KA, CI and VS are listed as partners for Phoenix miles but El-Al is not.

http://www.airchina.com/ae/en/phoeni...accrual2.shtml

CA also codeshare with Finnair but you cannot earn miles on those flights after CA joined Star. (link in Chinese)

http://fi.mofcom.gov.cn/article/slfw...06226167.shtml
Old Jun 24, 2015, 6:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by m.y
CX/KA, CI and VS are listed as partners for Phoenix miles but El-Al is not.

http://www.airchina.com/ae/en/phoeni...accrual2.shtml

CA also codeshare with Finnair but you cannot earn miles on those flights after CA joined Star. (link in Chinese)

http://fi.mofcom.gov.cn/article/slfw...06226167.shtml
It shouldn't matter if they're partners; book the CA flight number, and you should be able to get CA points. The same goes for booking hu flights with aa flight numbers (get aa miles).
Old Jun 25, 2015, 12:21 am

Programs: UA, TG, LH
Gruimed didn't specify if he intended to credits miles an UA account or not. I also agree with your arguments applying those CA tickets for an UA account.

I was arguing on general applicability, and therefore still asume that there is a good chance that LH would credit CA-K flown by ELAL with 100% of the flown miles to an LH account based on the arguments made above. Again they may not since LH rules are often to vague and if you ask 4 time you will get at list 6 answers during the call, which may not even be true in the end.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by snn47
I was arguing on general applicability, and therefore still asume that there is a good chance that LH would credit CA-K flown by ELAL with 100% of the flown miles to an LH account based on the arguments made above.
No. That is not the case. The M&M page for CA specifies that the flight has to be operated by CA, which is the standard rule for *A partners.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by dvs7310
Operated by means just that, the airline whose name is painted on the side of the aircraft.
Operated by does mean just that - viz "operated by" - but, paint has nothing to do with it. Airlines occasionally operate flights in aircraft painted in other airlines' liveries. Airlines sometimes lease-in aircraft, without crews, that are painted in the livery of a second carrier, and operate them themselves. Likewise, airlines sometimes purchase used aircraft and put them into immediate service without repainting them. What matters is not the paint, it is the air operator's license and the crew which count.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.