Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Option to KRK?

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2015, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Which Option to KRK?

Looking at some UA award flights this winter and wasn't coming up with much with a way to get to KRK from WAS in Y. The 2 options are IAD-CPH-WAW-KRK on SAS and LO and the other option is IAD-GVA-VIE-KRK on UA and OS respectively. The SAS/LO option does get in 2 hours earlier but only 1 hour between each connection in CPH and WAW but landing time is a small factor not hugely important. I have heard really negative things about SAS longhaul though. What option would you take?
Old May 23, 2015, 1:32 pm

Programs: United 1K,CX GOLD,SPG GOLD, Club Carlson GOLD, Accor PLAT, Amex PLAT
Which Option to KRK?

Can't comment on the above, but when we went through KRK earlier we went through FRA. Definitely flights from MUC too. Perhaps you can find more direct availability via FRA or MUC and save yourself the extra connection. Of course I'm sure you would have if the availability was there. Just saying, keep an eye out!
Old May 23, 2015, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Of course I would definitely love a 1 stop flight through FRA or MUC but there was nothing. Would you recommend waiting (flight is in mid Dec) or getting those flights now? Still don't get why thats all there was 7 months in advance for low season Y travel.

Originally Posted by hagan73
Can't comment on the above, but when we went through KRK earlier we went through FRA. Definitely flights from MUC too. Perhaps you can find more direct availability via FRA or MUC and save yourself the extra connection. Of course I'm sure you would have if the availability was there. Just saying, keep an eye out!
Old May 24, 2015, 8:46 am

Programs: United 1K,CX GOLD,SPG GOLD, Club Carlson GOLD, Accor PLAT, Amex PLAT
Which Option to KRK?

Do you have the option for free award redeposits? Could always book what's available and if something opens change it. I mean December is a long time away. Are you flexible with dates? It would seem logical between now and then something more direct could open up.
Old May 24, 2015, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Unfortunately UA is one of those airlines that I think charges with every change even if the origin/destination is the same. If I am not mistaken?
Old May 24, 2015, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Unfortunately UA is one of those airlines that I think charges with every change even if the origin/destination is the same. If I am not mistaken?
Fee is status dependent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.