Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
At LHR is this for Departures only or Arrivals as well? Thanks and Safe Travels
Departures only.
Old May 7, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: Aegean Mils & Bonus
Originally Posted by 1353513636
Departures only.
There is a Gold Track for transfer pax as well.
Old May 7, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by igelkotten
There is a Gold Track for transfer pax as well.
Thanks! To both of you.. Safe Travels
Old May 12, 2017, 4:37 pm

Has anyone used *A Gold Track while not flying *A?

Regarding eligibility, the *A site simply said, "All customers holding Star Alliance Gold status or travelling in First and Business class are eligible..."

Does it mean, as long as I have *G, that I can use Gold Track even when I'm not flying on *A?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:57 am
zaf

Programs: HH Gold VIP, BonVoy Gold, BAEC Gold, AmEx Platinum, Visa Infinite
Originally Posted by nesnith

Regarding eligibility, the *A site simply said, "All customers holding Star Alliance Gold status or travelling in First and Business class are eligible..."

Does it mean, as long as I have *G, that I can use Gold Track even when I'm not flying on *A?
Bringing this question back, as I would like to know the answer as well.

Many thanks
Old Jun 22, 2017, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by zaf

Many thanks
Its for *Gold or Higher (and invited Business and First Class Passengers) while traveling on a same day *Alliance Flight..
Old Jun 23, 2017, 4:22 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by zaf

Many thanks
Quite obviously if you are not flying on *A, you can't use it.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Quite obviously if you are not flying on *A, you can't use it.
and most contract employees at these lines will not know the difference. I bet if you show your valid SAG card they'll let you through, but obviously a YMMV situation
Old Jun 25, 2017, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
and most contract employees at these lines will not know the difference. I bet if you show your valid SAG card they'll let you through, but obviously a YMMV situation
There is actually an Agent at LHR that scans your BP to ensure you have access..
Old Jun 26, 2017, 12:33 am

Programs: UA
Like others have said its definitely YMMV. At NRT its contract agents.

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
There is actually an Agent at LHR that scans your BP to ensure you have access..
Also at LHR there are automated gates that do it as well, pretty much you aren't going to be able to use it at LHR w/o a * BP unless you're good at sweet talking.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by nesnith

In PRG they have *G sign for a premium immigration line. I flashed my card and entered.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 10:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cfischer
Probably more of a hypothetical point since the only non-*A airlines to use T2 are (to my knowledge) Icelandair, Aer Lingus, and Eurowings.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Probably more of a hypothetical point since the only non-*A airlines to use T2 are (to my knowledge) Icelandair, Aer Lingus, and Eurowings.
at many other airports that is NOT the case.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Well OP initially asked about LHR. At airports where your access is determined by automated gate, you will have a hard time getting in without flying *A​​​​​​. I was even denied flying SN at BRU because I sent the miles to a non *G account; I flashed my *G card and *A BP but they still said computer says no and sent me to tne regular lane. OTOH, I was allowed access to the priority lane when flying JL from SFO by flashing my *G card (JL and *A do not use the same terminal at SFO).
Old Jul 1, 2017, 11:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 1353513636
Well OP initially asked about LHR. At airports where your access is determined by automated gate, you will have a hard time getting in without flying *A​​​​​​. I was even denied flying SN at BRU because I sent the miles to a non *G account; I flashed my *G card and *A BP but they still said computer says no and sent me to tne regular lane. OTOH, I was allowed access to the priority lane when flying JL from SFO by flashing my *G card (JL and *A do not use the same terminal at SFO).
Interesting. At BRU I had the exact same experience last year!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.