Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

*A RTW ex-Europe Y Fares changed prices today

Old Apr 12, 2015, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, DL, SW, JB, Spirit; Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist

While researching flights for upcoming fifth RTW ticket using the staralliance.com RTW booking engine, I have noticed that there was a jump mid-research in prices for starting and ending in specific countries, with cheapest european destinations jumping from 2517 euros to 2747 euros (if using European Union as residency or 2703 USD to 2950 USD if using United States as residency). I didn't change any other aspects of itinerary... the following countries now appear to be the cheapest starting countries in Europe:

Bosnia & Herzegovina cheapest followed by tie with Bulgaria, Croatia, Montenegro, Albania, Italy, Greece, and Turkey.

FYI for all planning to begin their next RTW Star Alliance ticket in Europe, just in case travel agents or individual airlines haven't caught up with the price shift in Star Alliance proper.

I have only looked at prices for Y-class Economy fares... not for other classes. Again, routing and mileage changes may affect pricing and taxes, but the above shifts again were for exact fares from this morning compared to a half hour ago from this post.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 5:05 pm

Programs: *G (M&M SEN), PC, SPG, Sixt Plat
i am searching for a cheap european starting point for a rtw in C coming january.
any ideas?
earlier there were pricing sheets online and i remember a website with prices for different countries, but seemingly i cant find any actual information at a glance besides the hiding *A rtw online booking tool...
Old Apr 12, 2015, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, DL, SW, JB, Spirit; Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by tnt537
i am searching for a cheap european starting point for a rtw in C coming january.
any ideas?
earlier there were pricing sheets online and i remember a website with prices for different countries, but seemingly i cant find any actual information at a glance besides the hiding *A rtw online booking tool...
I haven't seen updates to the spreadsheets in some time, but a starting point were the former spreadsheets by Flyertalker Blonde Bomber and others over the years.

An external link to the old prices is here: http://bit.ly/1ynNwH8

It is because of a lack of updates that I used the *A website online booking tool to price out every country in Europe to come to the conclusion of which countries were cheapest, and hence discovering the price spike.

I suspect (though can't confirm) that the cheapest Y countries I listed would be the cheapest C countries as well ex-Europe

Good luck... Cheers
Old Apr 13, 2015, 5:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by tnt537
and i remember a website with prices for different countries,
I used to maintain a version of this. My data sources dried up so I no longer do.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
I used to maintain a version of this. My data sources dried up so I no longer do.
Appreciate all the original leg work. I still use the old tables as references with the assumption that I should start looking at the past cheapest countries first. If I ever feel ambitious enough I'll post an update of the tables to account for *A airline changes.

By the way, nice Instagram
Old Apr 23, 2015, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
I think OSL and CPH are currently the cheapest ex europe.

NRT is the best in Asia.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.