Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Best Business Lounge ever-SQ Business Lounge

Old Apr 9, 2015, 10:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by gspurr
How did I miss this?
There is a separate entrance landside to the lounge, to the left of the main security area as you face the terminal. It has dedicated security and its own immigration kiosk.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by Kacee
The separate security and immigration is also unique and incredibly convenient. Only other lounge I know of that offers this is the LH FCL/FCT.

I also liked the variety of spaces.
It's only for C and Elite+ passengers, *G in Y or CC can't use it unfortunately. Another major issue with this is that it closes pretty early. You have a lot of flights going out around midnight, but last time I tried to use the lounge security/immigration it was closed, must have been 10-10:30pm or so. To add insult to injury, of the two main immigration areas, only one has a fast track lane for C and *G pax (the one farther to the left, nearest the lounge entrance if facing from the check in counters) but that whole section was also closed. Only the one area remained open that late and it was an absolute zoo, took 45 minutes to get through immigration, something I had not planned or budgeted time for since I expected to use the fast lane right into the lounge.

How did I miss this?
It's very poorly marked, easy to miss if you don't know what you're looking for.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA G 1.9MM, HH Diamond, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Kacee
The separate security and immigration is also unique and incredibly convenient. Only other lounge I know of that offers this is the LH FCL/FCT.

I also liked the variety of spaces.
If flying domestically in Turkey, TK lounges offer security screening and then have a bus to the aircraft. Nice touch.

The IST lounge is busy, but the downstairs is rarely crowded.

The main OZ lounge at ICN is nice, maybe not top 5, but nice.

The Dilmun lounge in BAH is not a true *A lounge, but *G have access, very nice. Great food, open bar. Very quiet.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 5:33 pm

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by spearsba

The main OZ lounge at ICN is nice, maybe not top 5, but nice.
This lounge is okay for seating, but the food is terrible.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 7:11 pm

Agreed. I have spent recent trips via ICN in the food court instead.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA G 1.9MM, HH Diamond, Global Entry
I'm not that into lounge food, unless it is truly amazing. I like the OZ lounge at ICN for the seating - the private seating rooms back by the showers. The openness to the terminal ceiling makes it feel less crowded. Having JW Black on the open bar isn't bad either. Still not one of my top five, just honorable mention.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 10:05 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Regarding the TK lounge in IST, I had great issues finding a seat with a table
that I could place my laptop on, and connect to a power source. It took around
half an hour to find a suitable seat.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 11:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Regarding the TK lounge in IST, I had great issues finding a seat with a table
that I could place my laptop on, and connect to a power source. It took around
half an hour to find a suitable seat.
On the main floor upstairs this is a big issue and back before the expansion I always had the same problem. Since they've opened up the lower floor I found it to be much easier to get a seat and I don't recall having the same issues finding one with a power source, I think they planned the downstairs section more in tune to modern travelers with battery powered devices that need plugged in. Funnily enough, the upstairs isn't that old either (2011), but it certainly lacks enough power outlets.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The SQ lounge in SIN is often overcrowded, especially in the evening when the Europe, OZ, Asian Redeye flights are all departing at the same time.

The best lounges, unfortunately for *A flyers, are found in One World. The Qantas FC lounge at SYD is my favorite. The various CX business lounges at HKG are all better than the SQ Business Lounge. Only the LH FC terminal can beat these and that doesn't count because the barrier to entry is so much higher that it's not really a *A lounge.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 9:50 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by behuman
So let's name the worst three *alliance lounges too
Any United Club anywhere.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 4:48 am

How did I miss this?
After Security,turn left and walk to the end of the terminal.You'll find
it on the right.

Heed that it is for J Pax & E+ only.

My Top 5 :

1 ) QR Al Mourjan DOH

2 ) TK CIP IST

3 ) QR Al Mourjan LHR

4 ) LH Citylights FRA

5 ) AC MLL FRA

Last edited by moeser; Apr 17, 2015 at 4:59 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.