Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Mileage Accrual on Partner Flights - KrisFlyer Flying ANA on UA Flight Number

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:16 pm
whl
Original Poster

I am with KrisFlyer and booked on the following flights:

UA 804 - SIN to NRT - Class Q. Operated by UA.
UA 7950 - NRT to SFO - Class Q. Operated by ANA.

In the e-ticket I purchased from United, it is stated as Class Q for both flights.

In KrisFlyer accrual charts, Class Q on UA accrual 100% and ANA 70%.
(http://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/ppsc...FOALLevels.pdf)

Question :
1. Is UA Q Class same as ANA Q Class?
2. Would I be accruing 70% or 100% on the NRT to SFO route?

ANA is of no help. When I called them, they insist that I need to speak to KrisFlyer. KrisFlyer says that mileage accrual are determined by the operating carrier.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:53 pm

(1) Probably not. Mapping booking classes across airlines is an exercise in futility.

(2) I'm afraid you will have to wait and see. Basically the only way to be sure is to book in Y and B, which should always be the highest economy booking classes.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 4:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by whl
I am with KrisFlyer and booked on the following flights:

UA 804 - SIN to NRT - Class Q. Operated by UA.
UA 7950 - NRT to SFO - Class Q. Operated by ANA.

In the e-ticket I purchased from United, it is stated as Class Q for both flights.

In KrisFlyer accrual charts, Class Q on UA accrual 100% and ANA 70%.
(http://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/ppsc...FOALLevels.pdf)

Question :
1. Is UA Q Class same as ANA Q Class?
2. Would I be accruing 70% or 100% on the NRT to SFO route?

ANA is of no help. When I called them, they insist that I need to speak to KrisFlyer. KrisFlyer says that mileage accrual are determined by the operating carrier.
Originally Posted by malmostoso
(1) Probably not. Mapping booking classes across airlines is an exercise in futility.

(2) I'm afraid you will have to wait and see. Basically the only way to be sure is to book in Y and B, which should always be the highest economy booking classes.
In most cases malmostoso would be right, but in the case of UA and NH, actually their fares align remarkably well. One key difference is where E falls into the hierarchy. E is slightly lower on UA than NH and NH uses E and Y for Premium Economy which UA does not have. Q "should" be exactly the same on both airlines.

As for your question on #2, in Star Alliance you get credit based on the operating carrier when flying a *A codeshare, so unfortunately I'd anticipate 70% earnings. What you were told by KrisFlyer is correct.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 6:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by whl
ANA is of no help. When I called them, they insist that I need to speak to KrisFlyer.
Because you're likely asking the wrong question. Don't mention miles or anything of the sort. Just ask what fare class the segment is booked in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.