Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Split mileage earn across multi-alliance itinerary

Old Mar 22, 2015, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze

I'm looking at a single itinerary where the majority of the itinerary is operated by Star Alliance (AC) and the rest by One World (CX). Is it possible to earn the Star Alliance portion into my LH Miles and More account and the One World portion into my Asia Miles account?

The CX portion operates as an AC codeshare BUT I would not be booking the codeshare option. My guess is that I should put down my Miles and More account which AC would earn into, then contact Asia Miles for retrospective credit for the CX flights?
Old Mar 22, 2015, 3:11 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
You can credit different flights on a ticket to different frequent flyer programs. Note the rules about credit for flights have differing rules in respect of flights marketed by one airline and operated by a non-alliance airline or vice versa.

For example, if your CX operated flight was purchased as an AC codeshare it will not earn miles on Miles and More and also will not earn miles on Asia Miles.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
You can credit different flights on a ticket to different frequent flyer programs. Note the rules about credit for flights have differing rules in respect of flights marketed by one airline and operated by a non-alliance airline or vice versa.

For example, if your CX operated flight was purchased as an AC codeshare it will not earn miles on Miles and More and also will not earn miles on Asia Miles.
So should I mark one program for the whole itinerary then claim retrospective credit for the other program afterwards? i.e. M&M number on whole itinerary, claim missing Asia Miles for CX flights afterwards. The CX portion would not be booked as a codeshare.

(Though out of interest, would CX operating AC codeshare earn anything? Or just into Aeroplan?)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.